1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/20/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2018.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're either stupid and/or ignorant.

You come onto a Rockets fan forum as a fan of another team (an division rival, at that) and you try to defend the Spurs when they're not relevant to the forum, to the 2018 WCF, nor to the game thread that you're posting in.

Then you proceed to call the Houston Rockets, "Lockets," because no one wants to talk about the Spurs on a Houston Rockets forum, yet you try to press the issue.

Stupid and/or ignorant. Your choice.

Tfor3, AuburnRocket and adw like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Laid down like dogs.

ak99999 likes this.
  3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

At least the Astros won. Eases the pain a bit.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  4. Drogba

Drogba Member

This is also not the same team in the regular season. Mbah A Moute is a net negative out there (LMAM so far this series: 5 points total on 2/13 shooting, 4 turnovers, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, -49) while Ryno can't get minutes because he can't/won't shoot.

Doesn't matter how well Harden plays (as Game 1 showed) to beat this team you need contributions from multiple players.

5. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

6. smp

smp Member

Haha. I though about doing that too. Then I just said screw it and turned off the game. I would have watched the whole miserable 4th quarter just to see when the scrubs come in and what they do if it was Bill, Clyde, JVG, or Bullard calling the game.

7. Chamillionaire

This. No need to panic. But damn, that was pretty close to as bad as we've played in awhile.
    Couldn't watch the 2nd half.

#2227 Chamillionaire, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  8. totti_c

totti_c Member

I mean if your team and teammate cannot score, MVP should score and wait for his teammate to wake up. Just what LBJ do. During this playoff, I will pick LBJ for MVP seriously.

9. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

That's a good question... I hope someone looks it up.

10. Drogba

Drogba Member

Also, why have our TO's magically skyrocketed in this series? Is the death of the Capela/Harden P&R to blame? They've completely taken away one the huge parts of our offense.

ak99999 and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Draymond:

How much were you able to get out in transition the way you wanted to & Steph getting in a groove?

Transition was a direct effect from our defense. Game two, we were taking the ball out a lot & got nothing. Getting stops is when we're at our best. Steph got it going. Very important to get to the basket then the 3s opened up. He got to the basket first. They've been trying to force him to drive. That opened the floor for him.

Dominant game 3 win?

Just one win, whether you win by 40 or 1. To respond that way means a lot. When we get beat up, we play better. That was important tonight. Important going into game 4 we approach with the same mentality.

Turned it up tighter & tighter. How much was effort & scouting?

We got a great coaching staff who puts us in position to be successful. Comes down to manning up & guarding your man. Game two, Ariza had 19, Tucker had 22, Gordon had 27. Not gonna win like that. Understanding they're a good team, great offense, they'll score but gotta make those buckets tough. No resistance in game two.

Steph & the relationship he has with the fans (them wanting him to score)

I've seen those explosions happen everywhere. His 3 is similar to some people's dunk. A guy gets a dunk, it's absurd. That's how his 3 is. Fans were great tonight. Had a great 3rd Q. I've seen crazier from him.

16 straight at home. Are you guys aware?

First time I've heard that. Not something we talk about. Each game takes on a life of it's own. You gotta come out with a great focus & intensity level. Not something we really speak of. Each game you approach differently. We've been good everywhere we played. Everything is better at home. Nothing better than quieting the opposing crowd but everything is better at home.

Watching Steph, who was the focus of the coverage all week, then abuses Harden & Paul. What does it say about his physical & mental toughness?

He's very tough. Physical toughness is underrated. Most competitive people I've been around. You can't be a great scorer/shooter without mental toughness. He's the next shot mentality. Started 1-6 then got it going. Kudos to him.

12. riko

riko Member

We are are gluten for punishment and game 4 we will all be glued to our TV sets hoping for the best

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Are we sure CP3 wants to resign?

14. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

This #1 seed appears to be a paper tiger....

15. totti_c

totti_c Member

Capela cannot stand in the paint and protect the rebound but you must play him still

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Sit down dumbass.

Harden quit when he didn’t get any calls like he always quits when he doesn’t get calls.

Mentally weak star player. Not hard to overcome a 10 point deficit when the warriors were also playing like crap.

Harden with his matador defense always leads his team to games like this.

-NBA finals 2012
    -first round loss 2014
    -Clippers series team makes a comeback with him on the bench.
    -13 turnovers elimination game 2015
    -Entire season 2016
    -Spurs series 2017

Not my fault your hero is bipolar.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean we gotta talk about strategy at some point cause all this effort stuff is good but we have to figure out a sustainable way to score. Did they even ISO curry that much?

18. Drogba

Drogba Member

Kobe Bryant's Lakers lost by 39 points to the Celtics in an elimination Game 6 NBA finals. Wonder if people used that as an indictment against Kobe like they're doing with Harden.

LeBron was historically crushed by the Spurs in 2014.

[​IMG]

Doubters need to calm down & stop scapegoating players. The crucial Game 4 is yet to be played.

ramotadab and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Game four is just going to be more of the same. I'm not expecting a close game. How can you after this game? The Warriors are just on another level at home. That's why we lost this series when we lost home court advantage...something Harden claimed was so important to the playoff run. And, we promptly gave it up. Well, you f-ed yourselves in game one!

Obito likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're probably better off than I am right now. The end of the bench came in and played like crap. Everyone played like crap. It was a team effort.

ak99999, whiskeyred and Tfor3 like this.