1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Speights is out for the Warriors for Game 1 with a calf strain. yay? That definitely thins out their bench

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

I hope no one says that. The media already reaches for the narrative to make us look like the bad guys, let's not give them a real reason.

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm re-posting this gem just so there's a better chance of rocketsmc seeing it, and ****ing off. Seriously, this is the ****ing GAME THREAD for Game 1 of the WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS, and we've got this guy talking about how Harden has been trash in the playoffs. Get the **** out of here with that. We're past being objective. We're past being measured. We're past being realistic. We're 4 wins away from the NBA FINALS. I don't give a **** about numbers, and statistics anymore.....it's time to be a FAN! GO ROCKETS!!!

5. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

Well done.

6. RocketTownHou

RocketTownHou Member

I can see it now. Warriors go up 3-1 in the series. Almost everybody writes the Rocket's epitaph. Then we win three in a row and the basketball world can't believe it.
    I'd rather we not go down 1-3.
    This is a different team than they saw in the reg. season. I'm lookin' for the Rockets in 6. Are we peaking at the right time?

7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

ehhh...even the most optimistic fan will have a hard time believing there is a chance being down 1-3 against the Warriors ... I'd be thrilled if the Rockets can make it a 2-2 series...(or 4-0 :grin:) ...I think that would be a huge confidence boost.

First line of business, shock the world and win game 1. Its a brand new series then!

8. i3artow i3aller

H-Ho-Hoooold Me Back!
    [​IMG]

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's no fan. :)

What did he say, "I'm a Rockets fan first but I'd rather see Clippers/Warriors as a NBA fan [second]" or some **** like that?

10. i3artow i3aller

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Dwight didn't play the first two against Golden State, and he was still recovering when he played games 3 and 4. I think the Warriors are vulnerable on the inside. Dwight will have to dominate the matchup with the Ozzie. We've got to go inside as much as possible. We need a lot of jones, smith, and dwight in the paint tomorrow.

No idea how to stop curry and thompson, but one thing is clear: Terry is not the answer.

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Let Terry and Prig play Curry straight up and see if they can hang with Curry for awhile, go over picks and not let Curry get open looks. Ariza on Klay and Harden on Barnes, save Harden from chasing around Thompson. Both Jones and Smith needs to have the discipline to keep up with Teeth on stay close to him on the 3pt line and not give him open looks. Dwight needs to dominate Bogut on the glass.

Honestly if Curry gets his I'm fine with it, but we can't let others go crazy especially Thompson. No doubleteams at the beginning cause that gets open looks for the GSW shooters, and they thrive on it. If the Rockets switch on picks, they better close out fast and know who they are switching to. Open looks for GSW means almost an automatic score.

13. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Dwight needs to have a 20/20 off jump, tired of hearing how bogut is gonna lock up howard

14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

What's the over under on the camera zooming in on Curry gnawing on his mouth piece that's hanging out of his mouth?

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yep yep yes ah huh. This guy thinks just like me. That's how we win. Called in to 790 a said the same thing...also I think harden will have a easier time driving to the rack this series. Oh n I also think the 4 5 pick n roll will be in effect this series too. Bugot doesn't have the foot speed. N green don't have the hieght

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

1 is too many. Should be a rule against that. He does it shooting free throws. Disgusting.

17. houseofglass21

Rockets have got game 1 on lock. Look for the Warriors to come out cold after too much time off (just like the Rockets did in game 1 of the Clippers series).

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

So nasty--slobbering on the ball. On any inbounding play he takes the mouthpiece out and then reinserts it as he's cutting around. I can't tell if it's to show off that he can multitask or what... He's got an obvious oral fixation.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Griffin did that same ish as well...Its so gross...

20. Flop

Flop Member

So let me get this straight. The Cavs finished their series on Thursday. The Hawks and Warriors finished theirs on Friday. The Rockets finished theirs on Sunday and we play the first game?

Whoever decided this schedule really wants the Cavs to be healthy, because they gave them 4 days to rest. I just don't understand why the Rockets only get a 1 day break before starting the Western CF. The Hawks-Cavs game should have been first and I would not question it if they played today. There is no reason they shouldn't be the first game of the series tomorrow.

Also, it is NOT because of the TNT/ESPN coverage. TNT usually does games on Tuesdays and Thursdays and ESPN does Wednesdays and Fridays. So you're telling me had the Clippers won, they would have not had more than 1 day off between each playoff game for almost 7 weeks if they went to 7 games with the Warriors? Interesting.