1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I don't like the guy either but that is just part of his routine. Even Harden does super long threes to end his routine up. He's been doing it forever so I doubt he wants to change anything up.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah but Memphis is not the Houston Rockets and this is western conference finals... they need all the help they could get.

3. Stack24

Yeah he always plays well against the Rockets. But they have depth. David Lee is no slouch.

4. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

David Lee defends the paint like Dirk. Plus, he screw up Warriors spacing badly.

5. pippsux

pippsux Member

anybody but stern

I could not stand Stern, so a goat could have been the next commish and I would be ok with it.

I think Silver, so far has been good. Give him 10 yrs of being power drunk then you might be on to something. Remember when Goddell first became Commish?????

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Sounds crazy but I'd rather deal with Lee than Speights.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

yeah, i'll take speight being out...sure lee isn't a slouch, but that dude's midrange game against us this season was lma-esque...

i'll embrace him being out...

8. pippsux

pippsux Member

Dwight and Harden need to lead this team and taste that nba finals again.

Harden needs 31 8 7
    Howard need 20 18 4

I didn't think they would be in wc finals, but here they are....backs against the wall....heavy underdog by most.....ball is in their court

9. rocket43

rocket43 Member

Side note. Do we have new practice shorts? They are so much better than our game shorts. Maybe I've just never noticed before..

10. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

[​IMG]

Lets do dis thang!!

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Oddly, I haven't been that nervous about today's game than I was for some of the previous match-up and series.

Part of me is content at what the Rockets have done this year so anything more is just icing on the cake. Winning would be amazing but no one expects us to win so there should be no pressure on us.

Ultimately, I think this is what is going to help us. Warriors have all the pressure to win this series but have little experience while we have almost no pressure but most of the experience. If this series becomes tight, I'm confident the Rockets will pull out victorious in most situations.

For tonight, the key has to be to get Bogut in early foul trouble. Warriors' don't have much big men depth and Dwight should feast either way. Another key is to limit what Barnes, Green, Iggy and Thompson do. Curry will get his and more but make it difficult on him and others to get going.

If we win tonight, a message will be sent to the rest of the NBA. We have to win at least one of these games so might as while win tonight and make the Warriors feel even more pressure.

12. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

No doubt we are playing with house money.
    Cool story breh: Won 60 bucks in an impromptu three point contest today so I'm sending out positive vibes.:cool:

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Let's do this fellas

14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Oracle Arena is going to be so loud tonight. Toyota Center must respond.

Hopefully the guys can silence the crowd with a dominant performance.

15. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

what was that with Nick, Curry and the refs?

16. boheezi

boheezi Member

Anyone notice they made nick johnson go talk to refs with curry from warriors? And afterwards curry looked back and shook his head? Lol!!! Dat mind game!

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Nick Johnson is team captain?! LOL.

18. Stack24

Why was Nick Johnson acting as captain or whatever with Curry?

19. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Did you see curry shake his head. I know that pissed him off

20. Stack24

Haha yeah. Like they want to tell him he's a nobody haha