1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. egr281

egr281 Member

Agreed but i think Mchale pulled him out of fear of the Hack-A-Clint strategy, i think if they would have started hacking it would have disrupted Hardens rhythm.

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

If anything I think this does the opposite, they know they can beat them because of how close this was.

If they got blown out, that would be even more demoralizing because it would kill their confidence

3. Man

Man Contributing Member

Prig or Brewer can handle screens better. Big men weren't really showing either..

T-Jones should play better next game. Overall bad showing for him.. you have to finish at the rim.

4. Man

Man Contributing Member

Understandable, because we had the game and were doing well, and the refs handed it to the Warriors.

5. JazzLakerHater

I want to feel good about this game because we played our tails off, but I can't help but feel we let this one slip.

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Yeah, it does feel like we let this golden opportunity pass. Missing 10 free throws, numerous layups and having 6 4th quarter TOs can do that..

Nothing you can do about it now except regroup and get ready to play the next one. I still believe we can compete in this series and win some games. If it will be enough to win this series remains on the health of Dwight Howard. We can compete without him but we have little hope to win if he is not on the court.

Primary (and only) concern is Dwight Howard now.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Smith says he's &quot;real concerned&quot; about Dwight <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) <a href="https://twitter.com/DTGoteraKHOU/status/600876159006445568">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets center Dwight Howard said he didn't consider his knee injury major and he is hopeful he will be ready for Game 2 after rest.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/600878130576785408">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard says it was &quot;very painful&quot; to try and play through the knee injury.</p>&mdash; Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) <a href="https://twitter.com/DTGoteraKHOU/status/600878306490122240">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard said he was staying positive about his knee. Said he will rest and see how he is feeling tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/600878972692365312">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

8. TexansUSMC0311

Moral victory, we still got this guys.

9. egr281

egr281 Member

Agreed, i see no reason to be discouraged going forward. If anything this game shows you the warriors can be dominated in the paint and I think Harden has finally found his groove in theses playoffs.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The Clippers blowouts were mostly the team just giving up.

Tonight we were not going to give up and kept fighting. I would be more pissed off about losing a game that you fought for than a game that the team gave up on.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

**** Draond green and Bogut

Those are two punk ass b****es and fake tough guys

I really hope we smack the Warriors

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I don't think so. As Jalen (I think) said, this stuff is mostly in the minds of media and fans. Last year in the Finals, I thought Miami blew their chance with the LeBron cramp game 1. Then I thought the Spurs were ****ed after losing game 2. We all know how that turned out.

13. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Called another one yet again... Where are all the Kwame trolls and haters at now? You know who you are. Bow your heads.

15. TexansUSMC0311

Moral victory, we still got this series!

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

The inevitable return of...
    [​IMG]

17. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

How does howard, Terry, and jones suck so bad

18. egr281

egr281 Member

Dwight wil probably have some soreness tomorrow but i think he'll be ready and back to normal for game 2.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Howard's knee got slammed into. Terry is 37 years old. And Jones is....well, Jones.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If we're being honest...this Golden State team at Oracle arena is a different animal. They've lost 3 games all year there.

They might come out and win Game 2, but I think more likely than not, this was their shot. It's depressing that Dwight's injury likely was the reason we weren't able to steal it.