1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/27/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2016.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Calling the scapegoat for next season is Beasley . The smart guys know he's not very good , and actually pretty bad .

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

If only we had someone actually qualified to coach, and players that could shoot.

3. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

This myth of "Rockets are a talented team" narrative is what leads to people to blame Harden for not leading the team with potential, when in reality he has to carry this sorry team's offense all by himself every single night, because no one has any talent besides Harden.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'll give you that lol

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I have fate that Harden will have a great approach next season, we just need to blow up this non group. At this point there's not even a point in bashing this team soo much, there's no team here, they're still playing cause they've to, nothing more, nothing less.

6. billchez

billchez Member

And another thing...

Can someone teach Harden a defensive drop step in the offseason? If that guy let's another dude drive by while he's stands flat footed and takes a half-hearted swipe at the ball, I'm throwing something through the TV.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm going to play Dark Souls III so I can feel better.

8. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

(not my tweet)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">only 3 Trevor Ariza can hit <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/rockets?src=hash">#rockets</a> <a href="https://t.co/zlaXs0kv0P">pic.twitter.com/zlaXs0kv0P</a></p>&mdash; Julen (@imjulen) <a href="https://twitter.com/imjulen/status/725527489515122688">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. dlite316

dlite316 Member

seriously?u r blaming harden?the only player showed up this game. his teammates sux, ariza was left open and he could not hit a 3. bev could not defend livingston and idiotic coach gave him the defensive assignment. dwert howard? lol

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Cold blooded

11. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

He needs to drop 10-15 lbs. He came in out of shape and it shows.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Harden is on a team that can't hit open shots and layups. Not reliable.
    Period. End of story.

The Warriors can hit open shots, layups all night long currently better than anyone else at a high percentage. Law of physics

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Have you seen the entire team's defense? Also, have you seen the entire team's shot chart? Wait, :confused: Are you even watching the game?

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

There are ways to get them better percentage shots. By cutting, Establishing the post game, etc...

Morey's philosophy has also done us in. Midrange shots should be in our arsenal and they simply aren't at the moment outside of Beasley.

1 person likes this.
  15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This is short and to the point. But to be fair, I think Brewer was an emotional move to re-sign, Howard was a no-brainer at the time, and Ariza has under-performed to the same extent he over-performed last year's playoffs. And Josh Smith as just who would could get for free.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

The offense has been decent this year ( until the playoffs ) except for the TO. It's the crud defense that is going to get everyone fired.

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We had these same subpar shooters last year, but they actually defended and got stops which led to easy baskets. That has been non existent all year.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Took the words out of my mouth.

Ariza is garbage.

Howard sucks.

Everyone not named harden is trash.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They have missed wide open shots man. Wide open....

You can't get any better than that. This team lacks talent.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

The Cuervo waitress wants me.