1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/18/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2016.

1. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I think the point was that Terry was brought in rather than KJ.

No doubt Bev is better on the offensive side, but when he sits no one seems to understand why Terry gets brought in and given the type of minutes he's getting.

2. ibm

ibm Member

since we cant expect the rockets to beat their opponent on their home floor, then what is the point of playing this god damn series as the best we can do is 4-3?

no offense, but what a loser's mentality.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

First things first. You can't blame Clyde Drexler for getting drunk. Most seasons the past 20 yrs you have to get drunk to commentate and collect a pay check. This motha****a knew what he was talking about.

4. for-three

for-three Member

Didn't Terry get big minutes in the 4th quarter though? They need to find a way to get KJ on the floor more. He's a plus defender that actually plays hard every game and he has the length to be effective with all the switching they do. Just look at the impact a young energy/defensive player like Justin Anderson has had on the Mavericks, he's added life to an otherwise old/listless group of veterans.

I would like to see a lineup tried of Beverly, Harden, KJ, Ariza, and Capela, or Smith at the 5. I think that would be a good combination of offense/defense against the Warriors closing unit. I would include Beasley as well, although his defensive lapses worry me in crunch time. Regardless, I don't like the effort level I'm seeing from Howard. The warriors seem to have his number, with Bogut/Greene baiting him into dumb fouls and causing him to play frustrated. It looks to be a foregone conclusion he's moving on to a different team next year. It might make sense to reduce his minutes and give more playing time to guys like Capela, that will part of the future with the Rockets.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Just becuase you can't expect it doesn't mean you don't try and you can't hope that it happens . If you put some pressure on them and it's a tie series then you have a better shot of winning over there than at the beginning of the series , just my thoughts .

6. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

a)Rox are 2 losses away from cleaning house & b) 4 WINS away from turning this disaster of a season into NBA history greater than last year's comeback vs clipz.

What's it gonna b!

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Either scenario is a positive for the Rockets, so consider this a win-win situation

8. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I just want to see home changes by JBB. If it were me this is what I would do:

PG: bev- curry
    SG: Harden- Barnes
    SF: KJ- Klay
    PF: Ariza- green
    C: either dmo or Beas- Bogut. I say dmo bc of size but I say Beas bc he's a better midrange shooter than dmo.

This way we pull Bogut out and open up the paint more for harden to drive. Then if they crash on harden(which they will) we have open shooters on the perimeter that hopefully show up. I also say this bc we all know Bogut owns Howard, but maybe and hopefully Festus doesn't. That way we can use Howard against Festus and run a PnR with Howard and terry.

side note: pleaseeeeee stop matching up terry with barbosa (too fast) and Bev on Livingston (too tall) and Howard on speights (pulls Howard out)...just makes no sense at all.

We need some changes ASAP.

9. Sanity2disChaos

It's in Howards best overall interest to have a good series. Game on tonight I hope.