1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/20/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 20, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL...

2. errpac

errpac Member

No one to blame, it was a team lost. Shots weren't falling, gs is a good team their shots weren't falling either so it was a close games. I expect us to play really well the next game against pho. This was more of a must win for sg then for us.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

I just received this comment:

'Yes, that's why we take more free throws any team in the entire NBA. The Refs are biased against us.'

We should be taking a lot more. Also the fouls that are called against Dwight and Bev are ridiculous. Tonights game was officiated horribly, as are most games that we play in.

Take the Howard poster dunk on Oneal…Howard was hammered with no call. The Parsons charge? Oneal slid under a player in the air. Curry? untouchable. Harden? Held onto and hacked almost every drive…especially by Lee.

We were horrid tonight as well…esp in the first half, that contributed to the loss.

On another note…I hope Aaron Brooks fails the physical and Denver accepts Brewer in his place.

4. archinkent

archinkent Member

It's his non-shooting hand and he played on. He will be fine.

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I dont think many people are complaining about his shooting. In general, I think most of the Rockets shot like crap, and then our PGs got a GRAND TOTAL of 7 assists (3 Bev, 4 Lin)... which means there was a lack of aggression/movement/easy shots being found for the rest of the team.

Lin wasn't the worst tonight, but sorry... I watched 29 bball min of this game and Lin barely contributed anything positive. I'm not saying anyone else did either, but its still true. Shooting 3-8 is better than almost everyone else, but its still not good...especially in 34min of play, and still not the major complaint fans are making.

6. Little General

And we had a foul to give if I remember correctly... They should've fouled.

7. srrm

srrm Member

I used to think Jeremy was pretty talented and that Chandler just worked really hard. After tonight, I'm convinced that Chandler Parsons has overtaken Jeremy Lin in both the talent and heart categories. His play was much more focused and on-point even if he was missing shots. Jeremy looked bad. Not sure why he was playing at the end of the 4th or in OT. He didn't deserve it.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Eh who cares, you lose games.

We'll win the next one.

9. torontoman

torontoman Member

I am not talking about the bricks. Twitter is exploding with people blaming Omri on the pass play. IF he take a 5 sec call because no one is open it will also be his fault.

10. count_dough-ku

Yeah, he nailed those two free throws at the end without any problems. And he's got 2 days to rest before Phoenix. He'll be ok.

11. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

I'll start blaming Lin more when he's given a full green light to play PG. If not, then no.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, we aren't even being considered as a threat in the West. It is what it is though. 3rd seed in the west and all...

13. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

so Parsons took 24 shots and Harden took 27 shots but u think it was Lin's place to win the game without even having a play called for him

14. Reach

Reach Member

Jeremy was handling the ball more than anyone not named Harden in the clutch. During that time he made few plays, didn't attempt a single shot attempt, and on top of that injured Harden on a very silly play. Does Jeremy's play not warrant any criticism from Rockets fans?

15. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

I think Beverley had 5 fouls and McHale wanted to foul curry because we had a foul to give. So he put Parsons on him to commit that foul but curry slipped by him. Also if Curry had decided to shoot the 3 than Parson's height would have bothered him a little bit. That is my take.

16. Kerdaboy

Kerdaboy Member

You are straight up trolling. More opportunities than dwight or parsons? Wow. 24 shots for parsons apparently Lin had more opportunities. Keep ragging on the backup point guard lol.

17. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

can we just all agree that everyone threw up stinkers tonight (except harden)

lin too passive
    parsons bad 2nd half
    dwight threw up a stinker
    casspi obligatory garbage
    tjones got owned
    bev bad fouls

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Coin flip game. Both teams play hard, made many good plays and a number of bad mistakes. Ended up a matter of luck-- one bounce here, one made BS shot there.

The team struggled shooting all game, so going small was a good move and helped the team come back from the 2nd half deficit. The smaller Rockets defenders did a very good job fighting on defense. Dwight was a beast being the back-stop.

19. Andrew Wiggins

Jermaine Giveth.
    And Jermaine Taketh.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

GO TO BED HOMIES

GOOD NIGHT