1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/25/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

Capela is Donkey green's biitch and he always will be..

2. Nook

Nook Member

Let’s see you fix the problem with minimum contracts and being forced to blow draft picks to save ownership more money.

I honestly don’t care that they lost, I expected it and know the personnel issues are still there.

The only positive is I hope it ruined Christmas for the Tillman clan.

3. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Great guy but not a championship coach....
    Think about this.....
    James Harden has been coached by Kevin Mchale and Mike D'antoni lol..
    And people wonder why he doesn't have a ring.

Houstunna and ak99999 like this.
  4. lionaire

lionaire Member

This is the energy I'm bringing every time we lose from now on lmao. Take that Tillman's!

juanm34, raining threes and Nook like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you think the refs making a few more calls going the Rockets way is more important than the Rockets effort level, I guess we just agree to disagree.

If the Rockets play hard and get screwed, sure, I’ll get mad. But more mad than the team choosing to embarrass itself because it doesn’t care to show up and play hard? Nah. Not at all. Rockets can’t control the refs, but they can control their effort. I care much more about what they can control.

I mean...seriously...we aren’t really saying the refs were the main reason we lost today, right?

Houstunna, Rocket River and ak99999 like this.
  6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

The looks were there though. Our role players had several uncontested looks from 3. Clint had several opportunities at the rim. What else is MDA supposed to do? Serious question.

clutchdabear and ak99999 like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Enough, dude ive heard it all before, these dudes got wide open looks because of Harden, Russ was also really bad. These stupid off ball curls you talk about matters less when dudes can't hit wide open looks. It just gasses out Harden more where we get killed on defense.

SF3isBack!! and clutchdabear like this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I agree that harden having more off-ball versatility and role would make our offense more dynamic.

But I don’t blame James , I’m sure he’s doing exactly what MDA wants him to do . Did Nash ever move off ball ? MDA’s whole system is give the ball to your best pg and everyone else gtfo

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We’ve been hearing this since his horrendous performance against the Blazers in 2014. That was almost 6 years ago and we’re still seeing the same problems despite 2-3 complete lineup turnovers that included at least 3 HOF players (not counting end of career, end of benchers). How long will we continue to hope that there is some magical combination of players who will somehow be better than what we’ve already had on the team?

Harden’s game is the problem. Harden’s motor and lack of grit is the problem. No matter who you surround him with, these problems will remain until he (and the coach) changes.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude I've seen too many possessions where the Harden double and standing still results in guys like House and Tucker dribbling the ball trying to do offensive moves they aren't comfortable doing.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Even thought people are sh’tting at Russ because of his poor shooting tonight.

He actually played better than Harden.

Other than the hot streak in the first half Harden hitting like 11-13 point in couple minutes, he was a statue in this game most of the time doing nothing else.

There is no superstars in this league that care less than Harden did when he is not getting his numbers.

12. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

d'antoni extended his rotation and somehow it's still a 7 man rotation in your eyes? huh??

did you not see that russ had the ball the majority of the game? and what did he do? led the team in TOs and bricked shots from everywhere. there were so many times where russ couldn't even see the open man just standing there with no one around him for 3+ secs.

not having a backup 4 is somehow d'antoni's fault? shouldn't that blame be on morey... or even yet tilman for not wanting to spend? how is that d'antoni's fault when they literally have no one viable at the 4.

tyson wasn't on the bench for a month. he played in the clippers game for 15+ mins. where the hell were u?

d'antoni is a leader, sure. but so is harden and westbrook are they not? i saw harden get into russ and clint for being stupid and to play smarter. but russ kept doing russ things. not saying d'antoni doesn't have blame but all this fire d'antoni **** needs to stop. we have the best offense in the nba and that's what he's here to do. players other than harden just didn't execute whatsoever today.

when you literally had open shots all game and couldn't make them... that's somehow a lack of preparation on d'antoni's part? i just don't get you guys sometimes....

fckbandwagons likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden plays 38 minutes and has 1 free throw... sure that had nothing to do with the Spurs game.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

MDA is not leading this team - Harden is- if he is not going to play hard on both ends the rest of the team follows.

Harden wanted Westbrook over the org saying he doesnt fit - well this is what you get.

this team is going nowhere.

DD

15. psaman17

psaman17 Member

He was getting double teamed every possession and put his team in favorable 4vs3 situation everytime......

16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Well, no $hit he should've paid tax, or more accurately, stayed out of Morey's way when Morey was trying to improve the team.

All I'm saying is the owner strikes me as having a titanic ego, thin skin, and an utter inability to blame himself for his current predicament. All that combined gives me the idea that he'll take his frustration out on his lame duck coach.

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Its fine man, these guys just have the word "adjustment" in there head and dont think about anything else. The concept of dude's missing wide open shots is completely lost on them like they think like cutting or off ball for Harden is gonna be a better play then a wide open look. Im mad at Mike too but for other reasons.

fckbandwagons and BaselineFade like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He walked into doubles and just stood there like a dead fish. Defenses love when offensive players stand around

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

His game is like a glorified exhibition game.

You will always see eye popping stuff and a stuffed stat sheet, but that’s not how you can win a ring.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

at the end of the game WB drove into the paint and was clearly fouled by WCS while missing the point blank layup. no call of course. hubie said great D by WCS! dafuq

Nook likes this.