1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2014.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Nope, still routing on the website..

2. NickKent

NickKent Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dxVlDYTrV6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Really proud of the Rockets for their efforts. Wasn't expecting a win, but slightly disappointed we didn't given we were up for 3/4 of the game and really only lost it in the last few minutes.
    But again really disrespectful from the media. Congrats to GSW for their win streak, but they made it sound like GSW were the team with injuries given Bogut was out.
    Huge respect to our boys given the injuries and Harden who is still clearly playing through pain.
    Can't wait to see us play them again when we're back at full strength.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ghost accounts are for chumps with too much time on their hand... I'm no Chump. I'll rep you my with my name on it.

5. downbytheriver

There is a strong sense of denial regarding the Warriors on here.

Just because they shoot a lot and play "pleasing" basketball, does not make them any softer than teams who grind and get dirty. Bogut is a bit like divac in the way he see's the floor and passes and has defensive prowess as well. Kerr is twice the coach McHale is and uses his player strengths effectively. The backcourt and Draymond Green all pull their weight, but their front court and depth are issues for our depth which is high on hustle but low on athleticism.

I welcome a healthy team, but I truly believe Bogut and Lee in their system has a greater impact than Dwight in ours. Because Dwight is asked to post up on occasion and use his superman powers on defense alone, he's never really been integrated with the rest of the lineup. Even when he performs great, it's no guarantee of a win (see the trailblazer matchup last year). If McHale doesn't trust him on offense, he has to at least use his big body for high post screens to open up others. That's how you beat teams with great chemistry- by using all your players on both ends of the court.

Really wouldn't underestimate Kerr's Warriors. Them and the Clippers just give me a bad feeling -- with the current system-- EVERY time.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Lee will throw their lineup out, which is why there's been talk of just moving him for more bench if they can. If he takes the starting power forward spot, he takes Green out so their defense and spacing suffer, if he takes the backup C spot, he takes Speights spot who has basically been keeping their bench afloat half the time, if he moves to backup PF, he now occupies the same space as Speights (hence, the talk of moving him for more bench)

Lee is very much an addition by subtraction, if they play him major minutes, they will be worse

#1166 Aleron, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  7. downbytheriver

Possibly, but I see Lee coming off the bench. Or playong alongside Green - green isn't moving to the bench. Lee and Iguodala are redundancies , but it's hard to get value for $15 mil contracts. Both are better fits in their 2nd unit and haven't been too vocal about damaged ego's.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

And then he's going to take the ball/time/position away from Speights, whose putting up a per of 25 on usage of 31% for their bench (keep in mind, Speights is also the better defender, hell everyone is), like where do you put Lee? That's what killed us yesterday, it's not exactly like we had a matchup to exploit Speights' lack of size, so he took half of Bogut's minutes and his offense has been off the charts good. Tarik and Dorsey have done admirably for what they are, but I'm playing Speights over them 11 times out of 10 (which is a major part of why they don't drop off as much as we do, then there's the whole Dwight is better than Bogut thing).

#1168 Aleron, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  9. coach41

coach41 Member

Warriors fan who's hung around reading some of the commentary here. Why all the comments about "The Rockets Are Better Than The Warriors" when healthy?

It's a regular season game. We beat the Rockets (it could have been the Lakers for that matter). I participate in multiple Warriors groups and we don't even bother discussing the other team. We talk about the Warriors, the coaching staff and how we can improve.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Cool story.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh Beverly there is no one else.