1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2014.

1. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Rest Harden and take the loss. The Rockets aren't going anywhere with a banged up Harden, and without Dwight it's pretty close to a guaranteed L anyway.

2. FeaR

FeaR Member

Like the previous games.

3. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Harden wasn't hurt then, and the Warriors are playing like the best team in the league by far.

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

If we rest harden and get no one else back, the headline on eSPN will say "Warriors destroy Rockets despite not having David Lee, continue to prove they are best in the league"

LOL

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Warriors = NBA darlings...I'm tired of hearing about them. Unfortunately we have too many injuries to pull this one off.

6. omgTHEpotential

We should rest Harden... I really want him to get back to 100%

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he isn't fit he shouldn't play, but if he is not in any pain he should be out on the court.

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Seriously who gives a ****?

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Please beat the warriors. so tired of these fools. Rox can get it done. Overrated ***hats

10. cbk41

cbk41 Member

The media votes on season awards.

11. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Honestly don't fear the Warriors. We have their number

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I actually can't wait for this game because its basically the best 2 guard in the league vs the other best 2 guard in the game (according to Chuck and Reggie)

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Splash brothers vs beard brothers

14. torocan

torocan Member

We've had the Warriors' number for some time now, however this year's Warriors is very different than previous years. They have an actual motion offense now, and their defense has continued to improve.

This is going to be a very tough match up in that it will test our ability to rotate and close out on shooters.

It should be a good game either way.

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Last year, Harden and Dwight were both on the all-NBA team, with James on the first team. Bev was on the second all-defensive team. That's about all we deserved. Meanwhile, the only end of season award the Spurs got was Tony Parker's all-NBA second team placement. I doubt they're crying about it seeing as they got rings.

Awards, power rankings, and other fans' opinions don't mean jack.

1 person likes this.
  16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I cant see the Rockets winning this game at all without having Dwight and at least Kostas back in the lineup. The Warriors are better than last year though the flaws they had last year that the Rockets exploited are still there, but those flaws only can be exploited with Dwight being there. The Warriors bench is far better than years past as well so there is not as much of a dip in production when they have their bench guys in compared with other teams.

If Dwight plays I still think the Rockets will not win this matchup because it will be his first game back and I am sure he will have to shake off the rest and develop his conditioning again. Its just unfortunate that the Rockets have all these injuries to key guys - its great that they are playing so well right now but its so maddening not being able to see what the complete product could be. At this point just having Kostas and Dwight back is something I would be willing to accept. Canaan being back would be a great bonus -- Jones I figure will be out for quite some time so I am not going to factor him until the new year.

17. JazzLakerHater

Great mentality. :rolleyes:

18. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Dwight is playing. I put 20$ on it.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm not seeing Harden or Pop listed on the injury report. Maybe they both play? If they do, I like our chances.

http://espn.go.com/nba/injuries/_/team/hou

Howard is doubtful, which means he'll play if everyone is in agreement. (my opinion only)

#39 don grahamleone, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Even the most optimistic can't feel great about this one. Too many injuries. Just gotta get healthy.