1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/1/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Vegas has GS favored by 10.5 points. I agree, blowout. Will play it in the background while I do other stuff.

GS does a good job defending Harden. Klay is a good, disciplined defender, and they always have guys hawking/lurking Harden on the drive. They shadow him and I think they were the first to start doing it which causes Haren to turn the ball over so many times against them. They understand even Klay, one good defender, is not enough for Harden so they all chip in and make his role difficult.

#61 Brown Lost It, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  2. valorita

valorita Member

I am cautiously optimistic.
    Don't expect a win but hoping they can keep it competitive ala the Cavs game.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Haven't beaten them in the regular season for like three years. That won't change tonight.

4. Nivos

Nivos Member

Bracing for impact!
    Crash & burn type of game.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea...expecting a total blowout. Anything close would be a nice surprise. A win is not expected at all but would be a welcome miracle.

Either the Warriors would need to have an off-shooting night and/or the Rockets have to band together to play a near perfect game...for a win outcome.

One thing I do like is the Rockets may have a bounce back game because of the Utah game where they pretty much got smoked. But, it may not mean much facing the Warriors.

All I ask...surprise us in a positive way, Rockets. Don't roll over to the Warriors yet again. It gets old being exposed every time we play them.

6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

This won't end well

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Rockets haven't lost back to back so far this season. Why start tonight?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. RocketsFan92

RocketsFan92 Member

Harden goes for 50/20/20

9. bearded

bearded Member

Harden goes for 40+ and triple-doubly figures and we lose by 15+ with the game being a 3point fest. We will trail from start to finish

10. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Durant is shooting 44.2% from 3 and 57% from the field.
    8.4 rebounds
    4.7 APG while only averaging 2.3 turnovers.
    1.6 blocks and 1.6 steals

He will probably get the MVP

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I mean we should lose but I don't think it's going to be some 20+ point loss like many of you think.

The rockets are the one team that can shoot with the Warriors from deep.

Harden usually plays very well against them, and the rockets have had a lot of success against teams with no rim protection so far this season.

These Warriors did get smoked by a lakers team that try's to play like us. This is def one of the toughest games the Warriors have played so far. They,ve had the easiest schedule so far Also.

They have more talent so I expect it to be a loss but I also think it will go like the Cavs game we're the rockets keep it close all game till the end and lose by 6-8 points which imo should be a strong building block for this team.

The Warriors like the rockets let every team for the most part go on runs and give the other team chances to get back in the game. The difference is they can always have KD or steph on the court. We can't playe harden 48 min.

Harden will be ready for this game though. It's on TNT against his buddies Durant and curry. He'll put on a show and want to prove he's the best of the bunch.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm gonna say:

Rockets 130
    Warriors 150

At the end of the 3rd quarter.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'd be disappointed if both teams combine for less than 100 three attempts tonight.

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Keys to the game:

- Pray they miss their open jumpers.

15. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Have another glass for me too please.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Well the Jazz shot 100% on us, the Warriors can't do better than that. No rim protection harden should feast.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Playing in Oracle AND the game is on TNT...I expect the full referee screw job

18. amaru

amaru Member

Blowout loss

19. toycannon

toycannon Member

We need Bev to beatdown on Curry

20. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

We get blown out by the 3rd quarter. 10 point game going into the half, it'll look like we're still in it. come 2nd half they will kill us easy. its not a shame losing to a great team like them. even tho durant is still weak for making them that much greater. Warriors 120-94