1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 11/20/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2023.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

By the end of the season, if Jabari and Jalen haven’t solidified their spots as closer, that’s on them, not Ime

albuster and wlekfjv923n like this.
  2. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

I know hes better than Green :p

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

All right, I'm out on Landale. Time to eat some crow. Thought the dude looked good as a backup center last season, then I thought maybe he was still hurt when he started the season badly and he'd work himself back into game shape. Well, it's been 10 games he's played in, and he still looks like ass. Soft and slow. Isn't rebounding. Isn't hitting shots in the paint. Isn't hitting jump shots. Certainly isn't protecting the rim.

It's not even about the losses, I half-expected a rough road trip and I think it's actually a good sign that we were in every game against three good teams and three games in 4 days. My concern now is that Ime is feeling pressured to play Sengun big minutes through injuries because we just don't have anybody else who is even serviceable to play the 5, and that's not okay.

We can't wait until the deadline, we need to go out and get a better backup big man right now, immediately, if only so Alpi doesn't have to play 37 minutes on a bad back on the second night of a back-to-back.

clos4life, jim1961 and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed man. I watched quite a few Phoenix games last year and Jock showed up. He looks terrible this season.
    We have to get some depth at front court asap. Green is ballin but he’s pretty old relatively speaking.

OremLK likes this.
  5. VoR

VoR Member

Team was in each game. Nothing to hang our heads about. This team is very close to being special.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Jabari needs a brain transplant. A brain from a basketball player.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Holiday played well last night. He was brought in as a sharpshooter that plays defense. So far, his defense has been pretty good, but not great. His shooting has sucked until last night. He is ok for now, but I’m praying Amen becomes the answer at backup PG half way through the season.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

lots to like in a tough loss by this scrappy young team

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Jabari had an excellent game. He is 20 years old so, yes, he is going to make mistakes. His defense was really good last night. For the year he is hitting about 33% from 3 which needs to get better. Ime makes rotation calls about what he sees in the context of the game. It is what good coaches do. Jabari is going to be really good.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So this is what they meant when they said FVV is a streaky shooter. o_O Well he found the right home for that attribute thats for damn sure.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

i3artow i3aller and Xerobull like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

terrific catch by this cagey veteran

i3artow i3aller and Os Trigonum like this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We all knew that 3 pt shooting was going to be a weakness for this team. To make the play-in we need to win at the transition game. Defensive focus and running when you have the chance will be our calling card this year. The two guys we were hoping would be shooters off the bench have not performed well in that capacity. Jock has also been terrible. Hopefully, they will be able to find some decent bench players before we dig ourselves to big a hole.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

VanVleet is playing 40 minutes per game*. Can we get that down to 33-34?
    *last 5 games | 37.1 for the season; only Durant(37.2), Sharpe(37.3) & Maxey(38.1) are playing more | Although, “just” 32nd in total minutes played(445); Cade & LaVine tied for first at 533.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Who owns the Houston rockeets now? Oh that’s right it’s the state of California

clos4life likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's not logging tall timbers out there

17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

steph has been clowning our franchise for nearly a decade now. when will it stop

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Screw those Cali cheats. We need our own Central Conference. The less time you have to spend in Cali is the best time.

Tfor3 and clos4life like this.
  19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Landale does suck but that’s not eh reason Ime has to play Sengun more minutes. He has to play sengun bigger minutes because he’s the only consistent scoring option we have. This is where Jalen fails us. Hes an x-factor instead of a main factor. FVV is our second scoring scoring option but he has physical limitations (size). Jabari is inconsistent. The rest are role players. That’s why Ime plays Jeff Green so much more than expected. He gets points more than expected. He’s probably our third most consistent scoring options most night so far. Hopefully Amen comes back renewed and better

jim1961 and clos4life like this.
  20. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Don’t get too down. I think a lot of fans
    Jabari is 20 years old lol.. I think he’s fine, just needs to keep learning. His shot looks much better this season. He plays defense but obviously makes mistakes here and there. Overall, I’m seeing progress. Not sure what people expect from him at this point, especially given the circumstances.

i3artow i3aller likes this.