1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 4/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Seriously you need to stop embarrassing yourself.

You don't even know who the heck is JB Bickerstaff : Birthdate: March 10, 1979.

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That's a big If. OKC has a killer instinct. They don't play down to the level of their competition. They handle their business like professionals unlike the Rockets.

3. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

We are not playoff ready...

Our weaknesses now will be magnified during the playoffs....

Another 1st round exit.....

Another year older....

Sigh...

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets used to have a killer instinct when Beverley was in the lineup. We'll see if they can recapture that against the Pelicans.

5. calcium

calcium Member

6. TIPS-DIEHARD

TIPS-DIEHARD Member

I didn't see any energy from these guys tonight when they came out, I have seen too many games were this was the case. My opinion is McHale practice his guy too long before a game, he plays only a 7 guy in a game rotation, when you play your starters 40 to 46 mins. I want be surprise why some of our guys are tied at the end of the games. How can you close out game?
    Lin
    I have review each of our players my opinion only, Lin is still a young player, and I notice he runs right into the middle of the other team’s players 3 or 4 guys with no were to go. This ends up as a turn over. Defensively he is not good holding his man which he runs behind them and gets his guys in foul trouble and also the other team will scores points. The coach’s roll should be showing this player where his weakness is and help him over come and develop into a better player. A guard should make between 17 to 20 points or more a game. This is a true point guard.
    T Jones- Is a good all around player, he can block, dunk, shoots, has a good defensive game; we need him to show up mentally at every game.
    Parsons has a great game, but you can tell he isn’t appreciated, he passes, dunk, he can shoot, he gets his team mates involved.
    Howard is a great veteran as a defensive center, I am very happy Howard has learned how to shoot his free throws. He needs to have a strategy to find ways to get around the bigger guys in the league to score point and not to lose the ball.
    Beverly is a great defensive player and now he is becoming a good offensive player.
    Harden is a great offensive player, he is figuring out how to become a defensive player.
    Asik can be a great center, I think it is his lack confidence, each time he miss an opportunity he drops his head. The non-verbal tells it all. His coach should be the one to help him find out what is his mental block, which maybe keeping the beast from coming out of him. This was going on way before Howard came on board.
    Casspi has a good game, he can shoot, and he brings energy, he has defense, however he fouls more than not by reaching in and the coach’s should work with him on defending without reaching in.
    Garcia- has a great three point game, great defender; need to play more even when Howard and Beverly come back.
    This coach need to play his bench and rookie more if we have any chance to make it deep in the playoff. Match up on each game, strategy on how to win game; don’t play to their opponent’s level and most all training in defense. These guys have great talent but need leadership and staff that is confident in them, but also will get them when need be. No defense in this game at all. Brewer shouldn’t have scored 51 points in this game. Will McHale play a 7 man rotation in playoff?? This is just my opinion. Come back Rudy T…. Love My Rockets- Go Rockets

7. Yellow

Yellow Member

Getting outhustled time and time again when you are trying to clinch is inexcusable!! Harden should take a deep look in the mirror as far as leadership goes, so does McHale but he will never own up to anything and this is more on the players. In the highlight I saw everybody getting outplayed and unfortunately, Harden very reminiscint of T-mac's lazy demeanor. Maybe a 1st round exit will teach this team what it takes.

8. Yellow

Yellow Member

WOW just read the 16 out of 19 FGs were on layups and dunks. Please make these players watch the tape of this game over and over, no practice today, no bathroom breaks, no water to drink, just re-watch it until they get the freaking point!

Has any player in NBA history had an easier way to get 50+ points. I don't think so!! Mind you, Olajuwon only had two 50+ games in his whole career!!!!

9. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

i'd rather throw Lin back on the court than log harden for 46 minutes and run a risk of making Harden injured before playoffs~

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

JB Bickerstaff 20 years as an assistant? 17 years as a head coach? Really?

I think you got him mixed up with his dad, Bernie.

11. archinkent

archinkent Member

I don't remember a single hard foul during his 16 layups/dunks. This team can be too soft at times.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't like how Asik just stands there at times and just holds his hands up... block that stuff. He does it sometimes but many times during this game he was just standing there.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

That's just not his defensive game. Both he and Dwight are superb defenders but Asik doesn't have Dwight's athleticism and ability to block as many shots. Asik is more of a fundamentals guy and just tries to make it as hard as possible to miss the shot and then go for the rebound.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

With our lack of perimeter defense we really need Dwight and there is even so much he can do. But we need to adopt the NO LAYUPS attitude... shouldn't be given those up so easily.

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I just saw that last shot by Dieng & it looks like a travel...but I've got homer glasses on so...

16. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

You ever tried to look up the minutes played for both? :rolleyes:

17. hugo2000

hugo2000 Member

He may or may not.
    But had he missed, at least a lot of people here can have a field day doing witch-hunt. This is just what the doctor order for a rockets' loss.:p

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

thoughts

Lin is a dumbass

how the **** did COREY BREWER get 51.

19. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

Seriously~if Lin had been put back on the court earlier, we could have won the game. being a mini-Harden is sometimes redundant, but in this game, it's everything because Timberwolves themselves as well suck at perimeter defense~

20. imaginedragons

for those asking who was guarding Brewer, check out all his 51 points here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC1srGqOrK4

mostly harden and garcia guarding (or not guarding) him, had 4 or 6 points directly from Lin turnovers and a few more fastbreak points just going by everybody on the Rockets frozen to the floor