1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 4/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

How can hardens plus minus be consistently so poor?? I mean he hits such clutch shots late in games but is there some truth to the theory that we wouldn't need them if he could outplay any other guard in the league? So frustrated with him not having that "winning gene"

2. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

Defense is not all about who's on who, it's more about strategy and now that Kelvin Samson left, I believe McHale is clueless on defense right now...I just cant believe he didn't make any adjustment to the defense; why not try 2-3 zone, because most of Brewer's points were IN THE PAINT. Rockets games have been like a bunch of super athletic monsters running on the court, scoring and defending completely thru their physical talents, but not strategies...we are easily studied and can be swept in the first round!

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Horrible defensive effort and horrific turnover ratio against a Loveless Timberwolves team. They should be embarrassed and upset with there lackluster effort tonight. Dwight and Beverley needs to hurry up back.

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I'm not sure whether to be proud or mad.

5. Rox7

Rox7 Member

Looks like I was correct earlier by sending 3 person to guard Brewer.

6. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

You can have the best strategy in the world but without effort, it doesn't really matter.

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

Who cares he just said he misses Beverly's energy and hustle which I think we all can agree with. No need to turn it into a long form paragraph about how Beverly wouldn't have made a difference.

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

One, plus minus is a bad stat. Two, he is not consistently poor. I don't know where you got that from.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Who's driving? And are they drunk? Maybe their license was revoked in Minnesota and they are driving illegally.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's discipline! When effort and stupid meets halfway you get discipline. I have seen too many rocket players hustle their butt off to than commit a stupid turnover or make a dumb decision to waste a possession. This team needs discipline and Mchale has failed to instill that and this team has not taken the understanding of playing disciplined serious enough.

11. Solaris

Solaris Member

12. Solaris

Solaris Member

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets again are stumbling to the finish line, like last 2 seasons.

1 person likes this.
  14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

How can ones posts be consistently so wrong? I mean is there some truth to the theory that your posts are usualy misinformed, generally just made up bs? So frustrated that you don't have that "understanding basketball gene"

15. NickKent

NickKent Member

Didn't watch the game? How the hell did Brewer get 51? Who was guarding him?

16. imaginedragons

why is this guy making an analysis on defense while leaving out the guys who play the most minutes - Harden and Parsons??? both played 42+ minutes tonight, for example, and that already occupies 2 slots from among PG-SG-SF. yet he chooses to talk about Bev in the context of other players who play very little minutes with him

17. archinkent

archinkent Member

Nobody.

18. calcium

calcium Member

Minutes are as follows
    J. Harden 46:09 -3
    C. Parsons 42:38 -7
    F. Garcia 33:14 +9
    T. Jones 29:16 -10
    J. Lin 24:26 +2
    O. Asik 24:23 +6
    O. Casspi 22:05 +15
    D. Motiejunas 13:27 -12
    I. Canaan 04:22 -8

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

46 ****ing minutes. Better hope that everybody else brings it vs the pelicans tomorrow. Parsons and Harden will be tired as hell.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Tonight OKC had the Pelicans down 25 by the end of the 3rd quarter. Harden shouldn't have to play more than 30 minutes tops if the Rockets show up and take care of business.