1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 4/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

This team has played with fire all year. I have chalked it up to youth and lack of depth. Regardless, the Rockets coast until they have their backs to the wall.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Watching them miss their defensive assignments :)

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lin is trash. Les Alexander had a cocky look on his face when they signed this nerd and he screwed up. That is his F up. Nobody wanted him but him and the city of New York.

4. Exel

Exel Member

Well I stand corrected then. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part that McHale would try to counter Corey's length, athleticism and energy with Hamilton's length and athleticism.

5. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Tonights game:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

it is a team and coaching effort, don't you understand unless you really dislike Lin. :grin:

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Seriously? They have played down to their competition on numerous occasions, and have given many "ordinary" players career nights. They have been offensively explosive, but defensively challenged. Every team has down nights, but the Rockets seem to struggle with focus and not just tonight. It has been a great year, but I hate to see them "throw it all away" because they can't get their heads together. There is absolutely no excuse for giving Cory Brewer over 50 points. He has averaged 11 for the season.

8. dookiester

dookiester Member

what an embarrassment.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

lulz

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brewer career highs for pts, fga, fgs, fta, fts and steals. Adelman: &quot;Way up there, I tell ya. I don't think they knew what to do with him.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/454833624987484160">April 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Of Brewer's 19 fgs, 16 were layups or dunks. Rockets allowed 39 FB pts for 2nd time in three games, 12 more than in any previous game.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/454834311141679104">April 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

11. torocan

torocan Member

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blo...n-McHale-not-an-X-s-and-O-s-ty?urn=nba,128193

Drawing on a clip board doesn't make you a great X's and O's guy.

Has he probably improved since then? Sure, I'll buy that. However to think he's suddenly become some great X's and O's guy since then is absurd.

The best X's and O's coaches rack up years and years as assistant coaches and/or head coaches at lower levels. If you've spent the last 30 years in the NBA and still aren't a great X's and O's guy, thinking you'll be some great X's and O's mastermind in a handful of years is bordering on delusional.

Chris Finch - 10 years assistant coaching experience, 2 years as head coach of the Vipers, D-league coach of the year 2009, 4 years as assistant coach of the Rockets, 3x coach of the British National team

JB Bickerstaff - 20 years as a NBA assistant coach, 17 years as a NBA head coach

Here's a couple pieces giving insight to Finch and Bickerstaff...

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/offensive
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/qa-jb-bickerstaff

If you really think McHale is the brains behind this operation, you're fooling yourself.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wow Corey Brewer with a 50 ball tonight!</p>&mdash; Tracy McGrady (@Real_T_Mac) <a href="https://twitter.com/Real_T_Mac/statuses/454816115718242304">April 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

[​IMG]

13. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Parsons played **** defense

Harden wouldn't hustle on D

Lin was garbage until the last 5 min.

Our PFs played bad again

Asik got outplayed by a rookie

Bench on scored 15
    =

We were the better team, but got out hustled

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Pretty shocked Brewer went off like that, he's been the 5th option all year and his only real value is in transition, so this was fun to watch. Its nice seeing my Wolves finish strong in such a dismal year, but its also tough seeing the Rockets struggle. hopefully they can get it figured out by the playoffs

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Kevin Love out.. Kevin Martin out.. Pekovic out. easy win right?

Man, I can't believe we let effing Corey brewer go for 51. and just .5 on top of Portland. Just stupid to play so well and let it come crashing at the end.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I agree McHale isn't the brains behind the organization, he is expected to lead and delegate.

You are wrong about JB, I remember him as a teenager... Not THAT long ago he was in his 20's. He is young and bright... Like his Daddy was eons ago.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Line ups with pbev usually gives up less points

18. torocan

torocan Member

That doesn't change WHO PBev can actually cover. You think PBev can slow down a Center? How about a Power Foward? Sounds crazy doesn't it?

The same applies to guarding a 6'9" Small Foward.

Brewer went off for 51 points. Beverley would have made no difference when it comes to slowing down Brewer tonight.

19. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Wow. What an awful game. The Rockets played no defense and didn't seem to have the will to win this game from the start. It was also a very poorly officiated game... again. I thought the Denver game was poorly called, but this one may be perhaps the worst; no calls when the rockets were getting hacked, invisible fouls for Rubio, out-of-bounds calls going the wrong way - just pathetic.

Cory Brewer... smh. I guess the game plan was to "guard" everyone but him.

I don't get why this team just shuts it down for the last couple of weeks of the season. I don't know if it's just fatigue, injury, or apathy. If we are going to lose, though, I think I'd rather lose with the D-Team hustling on the court than the guys we had out there playing with no heart. I mean, they might as well be resting and healing up for the playoffs, especially after witnessing another scary moment tonight with Parson's back after having a scare with Harden's ankle the other night.

Cory Brewer... He's got his own little perma-graphic on ESPN memorializing his 51 point game against us. How embarrassing.

/rant

20. calcium

calcium Member

CParsons and JHarden 42 1/2 and > 46 minutes each!!!

The next player is < 30 minutes (TJones). Asik and Lin, 24 minutes.

JHarden sat out < 2 minutes.

That's terrible time management.

McHale, if you see this, please start cottonballing Harden. Like right now.