1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 3/27/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2021.

1. payaso

payaso Member

Agree with emphasis on the defense- his ceiling is Jimmy Buckets-ish and you don't even have to overpay him right away.

18pbr and saleem like this.
  2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

nice win. just finished watching the game. lots of things to feel positive about.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

that’s what you get for underestimating the rox and for thinking a team is only what their record indicates.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

truth.

you speak it.

D-rock likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stretch 5 is the position he played yesterday.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, just seeing a big set picks like it was the most natural thing in the world to do was something to see. A basic skill that's far too often forgotten or bungled on this team. That Olynyk played as well as he did the day after he joined the team, watching us lose that 1st game against the T-Puppies being his first good look at this particular group of Rockets, says a lot about the guy. Doesn't hurt that we were playing a lousy team, of course, but that describes us, as well. I like what I saw from him. He'll be a good influence on the young players, in my opinion.

fryjol7 likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Someone stepped on KPJ 's toe. He is in some discomfort now. I'm intrigued by him, but it's more important for him to get completely healthy. If he needs to miss some more games, then so be it.

Jontro likes this.
  8. VoR

VoR Member

Thoughts on tonight's W: Silas got the team chemistry and IQ he wanted on the floor tonight. I am sold and expect us to resign Olynyk if we don't do too good of a job driving up his FA value. Curious how Avery Bradley will fit into the rotation. KPJ's flex at SG and PG reminds me of one JH. The beard migrated to the fro. I am okay with this. Augustin was misused in Milwaukee and looks great back in his home state.

Let's go get Mobley if we don't resign Olynyk and Green if we do.

9. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Yeah, my bad, I could have explained myself better. I meant that he is one of those bigs where you can still try to pair him with another traditional big. He is well suited to play the 4 in the modern league, he likes to change the angle of the attack for the offense, swings the ball around. He has a very Motiejunas like first instinct to move the ball. My theory is that he is old enough to understand he depends on that movement to get his points.

So I don't think he is really a stretch 5 unless you are thinking KJ Martin or Tate could provide rim protection while he is in there and then I'm guessing you can stretch that to 10 or 15 minutes a night. A theory that you could test in these upcoming tank games btw.