1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/4/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2024.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Im in for Markkanen cuz he also has size. Replacing Jalen with him could solve a lot of our issues.

2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Would love to have Kessler.... he provides a lot of what we need from a center....was hoping we got him in the draft. He has a really good future IMO. His downside is his FT shooting . and it is a downside. Jazz pying him 2.4 mil should be against the law.

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Im more concerned about Sengun's problem with length than Jalen's. Unless you can shoot as good as Golden State, the game is always won in the paint. Who controls the offensive and defensive rebounds? Who controls the paint points?

Tonight was a good case and point

Carpe82 and ramotadab like this.
  4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

They are not going to give us Mark for Jalen….Mark is a all star and Jalen is a 6th Man

MystikArkitect and AuburnRocket like this.
  5. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Jalen, Jabari and picks for Mark…ok

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Maybe for Jalen + multiple picks though

7. Nook

Nook Member

Nick Nurse is a top 10 coach- he can be very creative and innovative. However, his players can start to tune him out.

Finch is not the most charismatic coach, he doesn’t have the pedigree of being a former NBA player and he doesn’t have a larger than life personality- but he knows offense about as well as anyone in the league and he is incredibly adaptable as a coach.

daywalker02 and ramotadab like this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I dont think there are any hierarchy issues between those two. Alpi is clearly the better player. Jalen misses a few shots and he starts deferring to everyone anyways.

Theres also no question about who is viewed as a potential franchise player to build around.

albuster, ramotadab and Antares like this.
  9. Antares

Antares Member

pathetic... He is just Sengun man, not Superman... someone throw him the boxscore..

10. AuburnRocket

I think he'd be good despite the overlap. BUT Jazz not letting him go for less than a Godfather deal IMO.

OremLK likes this.
  11. AuburnRocket

Noooo....that's giving away the farm there IMO.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  12. Antares

Antares Member

Yes indeed.. Even I believe they are prety much doing well together in general.. but I personally believe Ime need some hierarchy to build in the team which is going to decide how to play afterwards... If jalen, then good to make a transition & iso team. If Alpi, then more like a Denver plan... I believe the current squad is more of like a Jalen friendly team... If you decide to build around Sengun, then you need few better consistent shooters to add...

ramotadab and AuburnRocket like this.
  13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

A franchise player or a player you build around has to be able to contribute on both ends of the court or be able to dominate on one end of the court.

Neither player on our roster offers that.

14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Yes, this week we need Stone to get a shooter

albuster and ramotadab like this.
  15. AuburnRocket

We gave up 56 pts. in the paint tonight....we got 38. We MUST address a backup big for the rest of this year. I continue to say it's as important if not more so than a shooter. We are a leaking sieve on defense.so, who you got ?

BTW...they made 9 more shots than us and 1 more 3. It's pretty close which is the bigger problem...shooting or defense.

ramotadab and Hank McDowell like this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Jalen and Jabari is too much. Maybe if they throw in Sexton I could see it.

17. AuburnRocket

Still too much IMO. And he had picks as well as Jalen and Jabari.

18. Antares

Antares Member

First of all, I don't believe Sengun is a true franchise player yet... However, he is currently the top player in he Rockets team.. I think the way you are critisizing him (like he is the worst player in the squad) is a bit weird to me..

albuster and ramotadab like this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's embarrassing how much better Whitmore is than Jalen.

Almost as embarrassing as some people thinking 5 games somehow eradicates literally 2.5 years of data. But don't worry, tonight is the exception I guess and Jalen is him. Who could've possibly foreseen Jalen reverting to his usual self against a team that played defense.

Almost as embarrassing as taking the most shots of the entire team, whilst only making 3 field goals all game. With one of them being off a turnover with no defender in the backcourt.

I wish Sengun wouldn't get too down on himself when he makes mistakes. He obviously strives for greatness so on one hand you love a player who recognises he could do better. But he is so integral to everything this team does, he can't afford to be down on himself and not giving his all and just be non-existent in all facets of the game like other players (no need for plural there since it's usually just one) on the team.

Antares likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

There's usually a strong correlation with people hating Sengun, and thinking Jalen is Kobe incarnate.

albuster and Antares like this.