1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/4/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2024.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I agree. He isn't a bad defender when he is locked in. His defense was not the problem tonight.

Antares and albuster like this.
  2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

3. albuster

albuster Member

I actually agree. FVV and company should look for Bari more in the offense. Bari should also keep doing what he had flashes of doing like cutting decisively to the rim when Sengun is double teamed or even posting. Ime might want to look at this since Bari had some great games before he injured his ankle.

gfab-babyboi, Roomba and AuburnRocket like this.
  4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Ironically enough Ime knowing Jalen and Fred suck tried to put our "good defenders" Dillion and Tate on Ant and he cooked them and somehow Sengun gets the blame lol

Antares and albuster like this.
  5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

And that's what Im saying. Jalen and Sengun's chemistry is good but they strughle with length. We can't continue to discount that, because guess what??

Its the NBA and every team is going towards getting bigger. S.A w/Wemby, OKC w/Chet, Minny w/Gobert, N.O Jonas, etc. We all know Sengun struggles against length, so where are you going to hide him??

AuburnRocket likes this.
  6. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I agree with what you (and Calvin) are saying. Defense is pure crap....we DEFINITELY don't need to slow the offense down any more than it already is. Sengun is great offensively...LOVE him. But, he is not good defensively...he's just not.This team is designed to run and is playing the exact opposite. The youngsters want to run, the old guys don't/can't.

hlmbasketball likes this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If Jalen isn’t scoring we are sunk on offense. FVV has been horrible for a long time. I can’t for the life of me understand how Ime keeps marching them out there for monster minutes when they are obviously having off nights. And don’t forget Holiday got 16 minutes.

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think t和 ankle is still bothering Jabari a little bit, he’s not moving around as sharply as he did before the sprain. Say what you want about his vertical athleticism, he’s always been highly highly mobile and to me it seems like he’s not quite moving with the same mobility right now as he was just a few weeks ago.

9. ThinkBigRoc

ThinkBigRoc Member

Rockets had a defensive possession in the
    His effort was not good tonight as expected against bigger, and more physical teams.

10. AuburnRocket

I have literally watched the past couple of games where Bari has been wide open as the ball goes inside and calling for the ball but it is rarely, if ever kicked out. Sticking him on the 3 pt. line on the side if your not going to kick the ball to him (or the other side as well) is a joke. I'm going to tell it like it is...we don't share the basketball. FVV had ONE assist tonight...Jalen had 7...still that's 8 for the game.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  11. AuburnRocket

Ditto Sengun.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yeah, Sengun was good defensively when the game was close. I don't really blame anyone for ant cooking like that. Bottom line is we couldn't put the ball in the basket to keep up with it.

albuster, Antares and daywalker02 like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just got back and what a disappointing game. These Rockets looks unfocused and collapsed to a far superior team. Still bizarre to call the Twolves a superior team.

The low point was Sengun just losing a pass at the top of the key and letting Goebbert take it and rove for a dunk.

This team isn’t god awful but they got a long way to go.

Nook and Roomba like this.
  14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Honestly, Jabari is just a guy….he is a role player. He gets scared of competing against big guys in the paint, he is not a shot blocker or rebounder

T for 3 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He gets massive rebounds though against smaller teams and even the Fakers.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

31, 22 and 11. In series clinching Game 6 of the ECF. In the same game, his backcourt partner had 51 and 10!

God is good.

markup_1000000153.jpg

MadMax and Roomba like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're supposed to say the low point was Jalen sucking. reported.

18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Julio West? More like Jerry!

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn’t good either but that one play encapsulated the Rox struggles for me.

Nook likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I dont think its about hiding him or hiding Jalen who also struggles against length inside. Ita about getting further chemistey and experience until you understand how to beat it and continue to so so.

This is just one of many bad games as this team starts to mature and try to be more competetive.

Roomba likes this.