1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/4/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2008.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Great win!

It's these kind of games you can't give away! Win the games you're SUPPOSED to win, and try to win a few you're NOT supposed to win!

2. Glacier

Glacier Member

One ugly game followed by another. But I will take it. Maybe Rockets can only play good basketball against a good team.

Can anyone tell me why TMac and Yao can't play well in the same game?

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Jefferson is an athetic PF. Yao is a true C. Big difference.

4. tresimecgredi

tresimecgredi Member

I'll take it, the important is to win!
    T-Mac is being tremendously clutch lately, Yao is a little tired but now we get rest...
    I like the last few seconds when Rick leave yao on the floor for the free throws, and T-Mac continue to say:"Yao, Yao, Yao" :D (and they didn't foul him ;) )

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I didnt see the game but was it basically what Carlos Boozer and Al Harrington usually does to him?

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i'm almost starting to believe we'll just make the plays at the end of these ugly road games against crappy opponents b/c it's just what we do. look like crap, make about 4 good plays in a row with a few minutes left, win game.

man yao hasn't killed that badly in a while. not even the last few games rose up to this level of beatdown-ness.

7. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Okay game!!!
    T-mac was the best. He played very well in the last two games, hope that he continue.
    Scola and Landry did both their job well. Now, we are very good in the pf position. Last year, that was a big problem. Nice job Morey.
    Battier did play with his heart and I liked that. he was okay, but he didnt made his 3s.
    Yao again wasnt good. Adelman will have to do something to involde him.
    Bonzi and Brooks, I was disappoint with both.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

it's funny that the bulls used to do the same thing against EVERONE. the rockets are doing it against lotto teams...

but its a start.

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

He sure did. Yao has been in a major funk lately. Missing free throws, shot is off, rebounding OK but it just seems like he's got a few screws loose up there. Hopefully in this next homestand he can get himself together again -- it's really weird to have our one Mr. Consistency funking it up like this.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

oh my god, can a guy have a few off-games? u make it seem like no star ever has off games

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

wow Utah beating hornets by 20.

12. WNBA

WNBA Member

because Yao was iso-ed by TMAC.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

especially when the majority of our FEB schedule are games we're "supposed" to win.

14. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

What is up with Yao sucking ass? He is the reason we aren't blowing these teams out. Not only did he contribute nothing on the offensive side, he got completely owned by Al Jefferson on defense.

Laundry played great again, pulling down many offensive boards and giving some scoring help as well. Nothing special out of Battier, Chuck, Alston, or Wells. McGrady played excellent. He showed his great passing skills on the offensive end and did decent on defense. Only cons were the turnovers but he made up for it.

15. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

all the guards whose names aren't T-mac need to get fixed soon. We have so many and they all suck horribly in one way or another.

16. mms

mms Member

Yao, wake up!!!!

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Basically.

Yao couldn't handle Jefferson on the defensive end.

18. jlwee

jlwee Member

Yao may be the best center in the league but there are a list of players who simply owned him every time they face each other, especially in this season:

Boozer,
    Al Jefferson,
    Bosh,
    Amare,
    Harrington,
    R. Wallace,
    Bogut,

I believe the list will be longer by the end of the season!

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

not brooks. if he was a 10yr veteran like rafer, he wouldn't be that bad.

plus rafer played decent tonight. but compared to the rest of the west, PG is now our weakest link. the PF seems to be stable.

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Before the game, I think it was Dadakota who said the Yao would have no trouble dominating Jefferson. I said Yao would dominate but wouldn't be surprised if Jefferson played well, too. I didn't expect him to put Yao in a blender the whole game. Yao simply can't handle star PF's, they're too quick now.