1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/4/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2008.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

rox 93 twolves 85

2. laneh

laneh Member

Should be an easy win - controlling the defensive paint will be a task!

Roks take it by 10 - Yao scores 25

3. Porkylicious

Porkylicious Member

Al is going to own Yao :(

4. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Brooks - 8 assists

5. cskerlecz

cskerlecz Member

This one will be ugly... Minnesota will not put up much of a fight as long as the Rockets take it to them EARLY and not give Minnesota any confidence. The only hope Minnesota possibly has is if Al Jefferson scores 50 and or T-Mac and Yao miss the team charter to the arena.

Rockets win by 18, 103-85

6. RocketTilIDie

RocketTilIDie Member

we got this ****!!

8 in a row!!

7. 99bb

99bb Member

Yao twisted his ankle early in last game. I hope there is nothing serious and he will play well in this game. :)

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hoping for a blowout where we can rest tmac and yao and let our rookies run wild in the fourth.

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

T-Pups have grow some teeth and claws recently. However, their teeth and claws are not sharp enough. Another win! 8 games road win streak.

105-88

Go Rockets!

10. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Have a great lead in first quarter and give Yao some rest. No more playing 40+ for Yao.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Since the Rockets virtually always play down to the level of their competition, this is likely another mud wrestling contest. Contenders put teams like the Pacers, Bucks, and Wolves down hard early and never look back. These games should be twenty point wins, but the Rockets will make it interesting because the little pilot light of their competitive spirit barely flickers on nights like this.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the suns lost to the wolves TWICE.
    the mavs lost to the bucks team earlier this season.
    the pistons got destroyed by the knicks.

i guess they're not contenders either :rolleyes:

look, no team can play well EVERY game. but great teams play well down the stretch to win the games that they should. we haven't played well ALL game (mostly on the defensive end), but we picked it up a notch and put them away. that's a great sign.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

The elite teams don't make a habit of it like the Rockets do. I won't excuse them. They are way too anxious to get to the bus. I am still looking for that fire that puts away weaker opponents, never stops playing at any point in a game, and relishes every opportunity to play basketball at this level. During the Tmac-Yao era, I have not seen that. They seem to put out only what is absolutely necessary and no more. You know it's true.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i agree with solid. the rox will play down to their opponent, which in this case isn't a good idea since the pups have been on a roll recently.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

rox beat this scrub team

the end.

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Not concerned one bit. The Suns got killed by Al Jefferson, primarily because Amare Stoudamire is a horrible, horrible post defender. Al Jefferson ate him for lunch. Of course you can't afford to let down against anyone in this league, but as long as the Rockets show up they ought to win this one handily.

That said, losing Luther Head really sucks.

17. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

we should really win the next 5 games.

lets get it started here.

18. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

You suck!

19. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

Rockets lately always win only at the last minute. I do hope this game rockets can pull away earlier. Just do not underestimate Wolves, they have winning games lately too. Yao should able to dominate. Rockets win

20. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

A must win, no matter how much the wolves have been rolling. They beat Phoenix (I don't know what is up with that) but we dont have room for such a letdown. It's times like these I wish our coaches would show the post-game conference of last year's first round exit, to motivate them. I think they should do that at random periods of the season to try to keep them motivated. Let's go Rockets!!