1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Clarinetmonster

The way I see it is Lin is in 6th gear more often than not - He has dunked in traffic before but it's pretty rare - I think he uses his energy more for fast break/slashing speed.

2. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

In this case, you're just speculating. Dunking isn't even a significant part of Lin's game (or lots of other players for that matter).

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Some of you just can't be happy with a win, and not just any win, a blowout. Bev and Lin combo in the 4th was the difference maker. Bev was simply amazing with his defense. Lin pushed relentless at every chance he could and made some awesome passes.

4. Clarinetmonster

Thank you. Let's just leave it at that and move on to the next game.

5. edvio

edvio Member

which is interesting because that would suggest that Harden keeps the offense flowing. However, when he gets stagnant offensively, he takes the whole team with him.

6. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I introduce to you the other kind of dunk :):

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/I8LLuqpfAhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

The constant trolling gets old. Lin had a bad night shooting but he had an okay night overall with some good assists and solid defense. Bev otoh had a great night with solid shooting and fantastic defense. I never understand why CF doesn't discuss the players that had a good night instead of always complaining about the ones that had an off night.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It was a great win but I'm concerned that we give the second most offensive rebounds in the league

9. munsteur

munsteur Member

This site could really benefit have less posters like you providing no factual evidence whatsoever while judging with your jaundiced eyes.

10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

I wouldn't even say this was an off night for Lin. Facilitating was all he needed to do. The team didn't lack scoring. But since this is Lin were talking about, people are gonna complain anyways.

11. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Kevin Love = Volume Shooter/Rebounder. Dude does not deserve to be an All Star over Dirk, Dwight, or Aldridge.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Right to the front page you go! That was awesome... great post.

13. rocketsmetalspd

Another nice W. Still the team has lots of room for improvement cut down on the TO's and giving up offensive rebounds. Don't know IF Asik will be traded next week but the Sixers seem like the team that will finally make a deal for him.

14. solodolo

solodolo Member

Either way just happy we won ..

15. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Win by 18 and people still complain

16. team5

team5 Member

I though it was a good game. Notice that almost all players are back, Asik, Garcia, Dmo and TJ all played! Ready for play off time!

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

People can't just enjoy a great win without the Lin drama. Bwhahaha CF let it go already

18. Razsan

Razsan Member

Curious I thought I counted 3 steals for Bev and 3 for Lin...they only credited Jeremy with 1????

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Patrick Beverley is officially Glue Guy #2 behind Parsons. Our team takes its biggest hit when Parsons is gone, and then Beverley after him. Amazingly, Harden and Howard are not the "essential" pieces on this team, since Lin and Asik could/have filled in admirably in their stead.

But there just isn't anyone to play SF besides Parsons, just like there isn't anyone to play perimeter D and make those garbage plays, emerging out of the dogpound scrum, the way Beverley can.

That being said, how 'bout we go shopping for someone who can play good perimeter D this all-star break. Does anyone think we can pry Tony Allen loose from Memphis for pennies on the dollar? He makes 4.5M this year though, that part does sting...

20. Lovemachine2000

I noticed the same, perhaps those counted as unforced errors and were thus not steals?