1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 12/3/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 2, 2018.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Been saying this all season long ever since I saw clearly something is wrong with this team (its depth and our age).

We're not making the playoffs this year unless Morey makes huge changes now. All these losses to other Western teams will matter later on in the season when tie-breakers come in.

Personally, I think we should just tank this season away. We still have a chance to preserve Harden's prime if we're lucky enough to draft superstar level player like Zion. If we need to trade CP3 for that to happen, then so be it. He's just too injury prone to be getting paid 40mil per year.

I'd rather Morey gamble it all away than to watch another early playoff exit or mediocre 9th/10th seed season.

#661 RocketsFido, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is PR talk. CP will only speak the truth about his worries during the upcoming players only meeting.

shvedsucks likes this.
  3. Dmo

Dmo Member

I never posted but I can't take it anymore. This season is a disaster and something needs to be done by the front office before its too late. i refuse to believe that Morey and co. will just stand pat and let whatever this is continue. Damnit! I am so angry...

smp likes this.
  4. Pringles

Pringles Member

Didn't realize it's already been a quarter into the season. Ouch.

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

While I do agree that MDA didn't coach a great game today, are you sure that quote is valid? I don't recall D'antoni ever coaching Tyson Chandler in the postseason. He was far removed from the Suns by the time Chandler got there and left the Knicks halfway through the Linsanity season, so I don't think they ever did a playoffs together.

Maybe Chandler was referring to Mike Woodson?

lionaire likes this.
  6. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

I’m trying to find it, I may be getting the player wrong but it was definitely about MDA

7. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

dumb game for sure and rockets pissed off a ton of people tonight... but there's just way too much irony in your post telling people to calm down.

8. PeppermintCandy

It's either tank or maximize Harden's peak years. You can't do both.

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Would be ironic and hilarious if Clippers faced the Rockets in round 1 and them knocking us out with the players we gave them.

PeterKingX and shvedsucks like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

One thing is for sure, if Chris can't play at his 80/90% more than a couple fo games in a row, we're screwed.

Yep, but we're seeing a lot of this in these last years, probably cause a lot of this team depends on Harden, if there's one thing i don't like about James is exactly this one, especially against mediocre/bad teams, when we go up 20 or whatever he has the tendency to basically stop playing, he starts playing too much with the clock, walks around, throws lazy passes etc...obviously that gives the other team confidence, cause while we stop playing defense, start throwing the ball away and miss shots, the other team see that kind of body language, gets the ball back easily in one way or another, they start making easy shots...i mean, that's how it goes (same thing literally happened against the Bulls two days ago but fortunately they suck and we were able to keep them out). I mean, it's nothing new tbh, the problem right now is that last season in one way or another things were always working out great (until game 5), now that the magic is not there we're back on reality, and when a loss like this one happens it hurts.

Andy Sheets likes this.
  11. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

I don’t go around calling people I don’t know names over basketball stuff behind a computer, but when they do it to me, I return the favor. There is absolutely no need to be calling people dumb from a computer for stating something about the nba or the rockets, specially if it’s facts, but regardless. Move along

12. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

That would suck for sure lol

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I guess some of you need to jump off a bridge or something. It's not as bad as you are making it out to be. Yes, we collapsed tonight. It happens.

14. farhen

farhen Member

only manage to score 9 points in the fourth. Bravo :oops:

shvedsucks likes this.
  15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I need a few days off from sports. Between tonight and the embarrassing meltdown the Steelers had last night, I need a break....or a drink.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Normally I would agree but it's been happening a hella of lot this season with no signs of slowing down. Team is really broken and needs to get fixed ASAP or we'll have the hardest road if we even make it.

17. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Still looking, I know for a fact a former player said that, but it was so long ago. While looking for it, I came across this:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...rblown-you-just-say-play-harder.279647/page-3

18. BackdoorHarden

Texans are on fire. What's your deal?

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I’m from Pittsburgh. Have followed the Rockets since 3rd grade.

Post halftime meltdowns B2B nights is a bit too much.

20. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I'm still banking on the thought that as long we make the playoffs on any seed we can make it to the conference finals again. The Rockets still have a semblance of what they were able to do last year, it's just too damn inconsistent at the moment.

Ultimately if there was one thing I hope that can be consistent for us is their health, especially in Paul's part. You can't make or miss if you're not playing anyways.