1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 12/17/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2016.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Someone let @Pen15clubber stick a big one in Watkins mouth. Can't stand that douche.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

TWolves were up 4 pts with 36 secs left instead of running more clock, KAT went to to the hoops and got fouled (makes 2 FTs) which gave them yes 6 points, but for the Rockets more time to complete the comeback. TWolves basketball IQ contribute some to this win, but Beverly and the whole starting lineup made it happened. When Harden missed that FT that would of gave them 3, D'Antoni expression was it is okay. Coach Of The Year for 2016 by a wide margin. Happy win!!!

Deuce, Richie_Rich, topfive and 7 others like this.
  3. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

This is why we should want nothing to do with utah in the playoffs

TheMystery008 likes this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

"The Harry Houdini's of Basketball... we be pullin games out the hat... you gotta respect it"

- Elie post-game comments ('95) after Game 1 vs ORL

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Don't gotta tell me twice

topfive, BigShasta and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That's not true.

The wing players like Wiggins and the other 2 times dunking champ are probably two of the worse defenders in the NBA and their IQ are pretty close to Brewer's level.

You can not ask one guy to cover the whole team's defensive issues, but it's more easy to hide Harden with a good team efforts.

ramotadab and Htownballer38 like this.
  7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

In games like this last year, we would have given up halfway through the 3rd quarter and the rest of the game would have been spent by:

- Iso-HeroBall Harden, with some success maybe even a comeback if others hit shots
    - Iso-DumbBall Beasley, with frustrating/exciting limited success
    - Howard demanding postups with little to no success

Deuce, macho GRANDE and ramotadab like this.
  8. D'antoni World

I can't stand Watkins either. Hate watching him right next to D'antoni on all pre game interviews. He never asks anything just takes it all in to later write his ^%$@#

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

And what does that have to do with KAT and Davis? They're not that good defenders even in single coverage if that's what you're trying to say.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I noticed that, especially in the late game situations! We were down by 3 with that BS replay and he was joking around with a security guy! He probably thought that we were good win or lose since we put ourselves in a situation to win even though we played like crap. He was playing with house money at that point and was enjoying seeing if this team could do it. You can see he already trust the players on the court to do what they need to do/

I bet you that Thibs was bearing down on his team, yelling at them to do this or that.

YallMean and D-rock like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What streak?

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

People can trash our defense all they want as long as defense keeps winning us games in the clutch minutes. Holy hell, that was stupid ridiculous. I mean, we were FLAT and won.

Long win streaks usually have one game like this where you have to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich, alethios, Remlap and 4 others like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You take on the personality of your coach it seems. No panic in MDA. Thibs was sweating through his bacon-neck collar.

14. D'antoni World

They cut down a 9 point lead in one minute so I hope when D'antoni has the starters out there with a 15 point lead with 4 minutes to go people don't ask "why are the starters still in the game??"

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Maybe he is saying that MDA isn't resting his players like all the other teams.

I'm not giving Calvin the benefit of the doubt though, he's an expert b****.

#1095 DreamShook, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

http://nbahd.net/tag/houston-rockets/

I did the same. Wont do that again. This team gives me a real good feeling right now. The link above has every game the next day or less. No need to stay up for the rebroadcast.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  17. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

19. noppeper

noppeper Member

I agree.

Everything was in place for the Rockets to lose, as Harden was struggling and the team was not hitting their outside shots, but their defense was at least keeping them close.

One thing I did not like was Harden sort of quitting with about 3 minutes remaining down by 10 ish. I don't recall the actual play, but he essentially gave up a lay up and his body language was that of "man, I'm exhausted, let's get this one over with...".

But Ariza and Beverley just picked it up after that, coupled with the Wolves lack of poise and late game savvy, and the Rockets found a way to steal this one.

You just knew after Ariza's three tied it that the Rockets were going to win this one.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this team fares against better competition in the coming weeks!

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm enjoying streaming LP this season on a single team deal. HD quality, with both home and away feeds available to replay minus the commercials. Makes it easy to watch the game again. Don't know if I could handle seeing this one again, though. Maybe the end.