1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 10/20/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

I missed the game last night, did we win?

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yes...we are still on track to get a top 5 pick in the draft!

quikkag, i3artow i3aller and Squirtle like this.
  3. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Perfect :D

4. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Unfortunately, there are some real problems with this teams roster construction. The set of players are individually good, but collectively they'd be much more competent in a 2000s-era NBA. You just can't have a starting five anymore without one or two absolute stud 3-point shooters, and we have none starting and only one that comes off the bench. That's not going to get it done.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

Went checked out some of Wolves' perspective of the game.

Bullets
    * They recognize that Rockets is inexperienced. But really happy with their defense. Paint and perimeter defense. Happy with the number of blocks he got on us.
    * KAT had his way. Anthony Edwards was big for them in Q2.
    * They think we are a 20 win team.
    * They didn't have to rely on their big guys: Naz and Vanderbelt because Rockets is a small team.

Me:
    [​IMG]

hakeem94, D-rock, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  6. Slabhurta3

Slabhurta3 Member

Green is going to be ok. He is playing too fast and rushing big time on his shots. He seems like a great SET SHOT 3pt shooter. Him coming off screen and just jumping up throwing it up that shot be off. His motin be funky. But when he is set, it's a different shot. Looks more relaxed.
    They need to run plays for him but so far Green looks like the best playmaker we have. Kpj looks horrid out there. I love watching this team though. Alpy is about bidness. Gaurba looks locked in. Jalen actually TRIES very hard on defense. Running thru screens/contesting. Kpj plays no def and shows no effort either. Young bucks just need more games. It's all about progression and will. If we lose, so be it but as long as you see progress from the youngsters.

Later in the season they need to look to move a few guys including house/wood/gordon

D-rock and Rocketeer like this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Watching the game a second time, Green didn’t do that badly, had a couple nice passes. Kpj played poorly but what was really inexplicable was how bad Augustine was. Why the hell is this guy on the team instead of Exum? Otherwise, Sengun was once again the best player on the team. Probably doesn’t mean much, not like it’s been the case since summer league and preseason. Wait

NewAge, cmoak1982, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Is this what its come to? Caring what the twolves fans think? They don't know anything and their team is trash, so is their defense... Cant wait for the Hornets fans opinion...

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's a very nice guy.

PeterKingX, hakeem94 and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lavine tries very hard on defense too.

They both lack length so need to be much smarter defenders.

Less spastic.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Theis is not a 5.

He offers ZERO rim protection and is a lazy rebounder.

He looked dead legged last night.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was close. Score is still being tallied.

Patience, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why dont KPJ and Wood play pnr or 2 man game every time down the floor?

fattz and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Good question for Silas.

Green is much better shooting 3 as set shot.

15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

So last year after the Harden trade, I watched maybe 20 games. It was just too much and I focused on other things. The one thing that bothers me is that I haven't seen KPJr play well at all. Honestly, any of those games, this preseason the couple games I saw, and this first game... I just want to see it and get it, but I dont yet. Super talented, but he doesn't seem to lead the offense well, and is really inconsistent scoring, with a lot of unforced turnovers. I didnt pay for NBA LP this year (first time since 2003), but I'll stream in every couple weeks and watch anything on natl TV. I hope it changes, because I hear a lot of good things... I just dont ever see it. Not worried about Green and Wood, they'll come around, but KPJr I need to see something from.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

This was a bloody affair. Expected. But bloody. And it was the Timberwolves that smoked us. Another lottery team beat us into submission. There's literally no hope here. It's bad. There's no glimmer of hope or fun either, and that's not good.

D-rock likes this.
  17. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

After watching last night’s game:

1. Trade Eric Gordon, Christian Wood, DJ, etc….

2. Stone should start a search for a new coach that will do more than just smile and hold a piece of paper.

3. John Lucas really cares about these players.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think our first victory will be November 10 against the Pistons. Maybe I should go to that game...

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes and i mean its a simple play and you create space for KPJ to either shoot the 3 if the defender goes under screen, if they go above the screen he can then drive and finish at the rim or throw a lob to wood if his man is now switching to KPJ... its a basic simple play to get rid of the defenders, if another switch of defenders happens you pass the ball to the next guy because sombodys open somewhere when the defense scrambles like that...etc...its not a rocket science...

instead of that KPJ seems to waive or goes away from the screens and prefer fancy dribbling the air out off ball going one on one or trying fancy passes in the crowd...

its should be simple...pnr is simple yet effective play... stop one on one nonsense... nobodys harden on our roster

D-rock likes this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Every player that's here from last season just turned to **** except for Gordon. This coaching organization seems to take it easy on the players or not express the importance of an offseason

hakeem94 likes this.