1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/31/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 30, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

How bout just getting this man some decent help.

King1, gotsis and amaru like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Harden deferred for sure. But this is on coach again. It's not news that Harden fades away when the play doesn't require his number. Last year, when CP was called to ISO, Harden would back up. Same with Russ this year. With Russ subbing back in at the 4-5 min mark, it seems they (Harden, Russ, MDA) had already agreed that Russ would take a few positions.

He ain't Kobe and going to demand the ball every position within the last 2 min of a tight game. He had to trust in Russ and it unfortunately yielded an airball (which Harden saved) and key turnovers.

The late game execution is on Coach. Russ looked unprepared and head down ready to drive until CP came up and swiped. No timeout from out of bounds with game ball is just typical MDA.

King1, bro2044 and amaru like this.
  4. SORF

SORF Member

Why, because MDA drew out that play during timeout...we could see it plainly on the TV. Rockets need to block the TV from showing the plays. It was meant for Westbrook....NOT HARDEN. If you had let the video play further, you would have seen how Harden SAVED that play. Harden was one of two Rockets in the plus efficiency for the game...+6. We lost this game on turnovers...plain and simple.

bro2044 likes this.
  5. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Once again, the Rockets fanboys talking up their team like they're the 17-18 team after every Timberwolves or Kings blowout during the regular season get exposed. The weaknesses I pointed out show up every year in the Playoffs, so it's predictable at this point. Terrible late-game coaching, no offensive variance, zero adjustments and creative plays, Harden not turning it up in the clutch (no excuses here, folks). But hey, MDA should stay because he took that one Warriors team to 7 games (and that had nothing to do with the talent and defense of the team...).

On a serious note, I really hope MDA and Morey are fired so that the team gets a style and philosophy restart. Harden's midrange is deadly and is exactly what's needed in the postseason. The lack of variation is why the Rockets' offense always under-performs in the postseason (usually ranked 1st or 2nd in the regular season but usually 5-8th in offense in the postseason). 3-point chucking and layups can only get you so far.

bro2044, gfab-babyboi and amaru like this.
  6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I don't think Harden wanted the ball imo. We can blame Russ, but Harden wanted nothing 2 do with that ball in the clutch. Contrast that with CP3 who made sure the ball was in his hands every time down the stretch. THIS is why Harden gets the criticism for choking

bro2044 likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This is not good logic man. No, its not too much to ask, but when the game is within reach and nobody else is doing a damn thing, why the **** defer to them? This is your team and your responsibility to take over. I understand Russ is there, but wasnt **** tonight, so you keep giving it back to him? This shouldnt even be debated. Harden wanted nothing to do with the ball. Let alone, not running his ass back on D in the 4th while cp took over and embarrassed the whole franchise.

9. amaru

amaru Member

I really wish Harden would have imposed his will late. But that doesn't seem to be in his nature, outside of a few moments. He's just extremely consistent in his production, but he rarely has those late game peaks you'd like to see in the playoffs.

bro2044 and gotsis like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I'm seeing a ticker problem.....OKC WANTED it more than us....they have been begging for us to put them away and we just refuse to do so. My biggest disappointment tonight ? Certainly losing, bad,bad game from Gordon, WB etc. But, the biggest disappointment to me was that Jimmy didn't want the ball in the last 3 mins or so when the game was on the line !! I promise you that you will miss 100% of the shots not taken. Damn Jimmy !

12. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's nothing drawn out. It's closing time. Get the damn ball. You're supposed to be the best player in the damn league. Close the game out. Why in the world is sorry WB getting the ball. Harden just doesn't want it. quit blaming mda. it sad to see. so what he saved the ball. I mean its a close out game. youre supposed to play hard. praising that? really. smh

14. gotsis

gotsis Member

We still need someone to close these types of games in the playoffs. Getting more help won't change this fact.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

You're are the one who isnt being logical. Take a look at the stats. I'm looking at the whole game. You are looking at the last two minutes. Dude was a plus 6 for the whole game and OKC is the most clutch team in the league, yea it didnt go well for us. But we should not even be in this situation. If Gordon could just hit a shot or if Westbrook could just not be trash this wouldnt be a discussion. Harden is not the main thing you should be looking at. People who don't like him already are gonna be mad at him, same with Dantoni.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Chris Paul was that guy.

bro2044 and gotsis like this.
  17. Mr. Space City

D'antoni is a worse coach than i thought if true, and harden is a sucker for going along with it.

RocketsFan247 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Man a lot of dumb people really get bold on here when we lose. Let me tell you something, the day Morey leaves is the day this franchise goes in the toilet.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Losing to OKC in the first round would be the perfect ending to 2020. FML

bro2044 likes this.
  20. major_major

major_major Member

We can question decisions all night, but the one thing that no decision could have factored in was Russ throwing a no look pass into the stands with the game on the line.