1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/31/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 30, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Lazy and timid? Dude He got NO HELP FROM ANYONE. Gordon and our SUPPOSED MVP were not there when we needed them to be. Dont be ridiculous. Dude was a +6 for this game.

2. BigTex

BigTex Member

What a nightmare.

Paul dominating the whole 4th

WB sloppy turnover machine

Harden barely touching the ball the last few minutes.

3. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

At this point, if we lose game 7, at least I know for a fact MDA will not be the coach next year. Which I'm a huge fan of. We win game 7, I mean, we're not beating the Lakers or Clippers in 7 games folks. So why drag out the misery only to have MDA possibly sign an extension here.

This strategy might work, might, if we had above average shooters. This was all predicated on Gordon not having his soul ripped from him in a Mortal Kombat loss however.

The proverbial drawing board has arrived regardless of the game 7 outcome. Better make the necessary moves quick too, Harden has only a year or 2 of his prime left, then he'll be wanting a trade to chase rings. If you think I'm wrong, prepare yourself now.

ICEibuPROfen likes this.
  4. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

One of the things MDA does a decent job of is adjusting game-to-game. What is awful at is adjusting in-game. He is so stubborn in-game that he will watch us miss 3 after 3 and do nothing. He will watch a player having the worst game of his life and not consider substitutions, or adjusting at all. He just sticks with the program.

There was no justification today for playing House as many minutes as he did, or for Gordon. Both were playing awful. Rivers was not given many touches but has proven capable and is a much more comfortable late game player. Why not have him on the floor instead? Did he really plan the last possession to go to Russ? How is that possible given the way he was playing? This is not an issue of players or personnel. It is a coaching issue we've been living with now for multiple years. Win or lose next game, MDA has got to go.

kjayp likes this.
  5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

On the conversation of rigging I think we need to add our own team on the list of rigging. Clearly when we have the clear advantage in winning situations we give the game up on purpose. To me this is a WWE move by the ROX. Losing allows CP3 look like a hero when in reality they shouldn't even be in this series. Also it gives the NBA Player Rep to get his air time with the media because of being the main voice of the players. Oh before I forget just look at our leaders position on the team they didn't want it and that is not an accident. We will win Game 7 but the Championship has already been decided and our team is just playing their part. It really bugs me how the Game has become this narrative driven reality show. Look at the Blazers they should have beat the Lakers at least a few more games. But the League wants Lebron to look like an stoppable hero so it can support his GOAT narrative while James Harden plays the Villain Narrative , Cp3 get to play a Martyr narrative since he wont win anything and K Leonard plays the only player that can neutralize Lebron narrative. Its all about ratings and the bottom line and the League decides who is going to win. The League wants CP3 to look like the victim since he was traded from Houston. Dont you see how careful he has been to not say anything bad about the Rockets while talking considerable trash. Not to mention the last turnover by the Rox why Does Harden not have the Ball no excuse. By the Way this is a Rant

ronclone and Sanctity like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

There is so much wrong here

7. macan

macan Member

we will be the laughing stock of this league if we lose to Chris Paul in game 7....
    my body ain't ready for that....

bro2044, slothy420 and kjayp like this.
  8. Mr. Space City

d'antoni again can't draw up an inbound play.

the rockets were so ridiculously sloppy you can't point the finger to anyone else other than him. the guy is a fraud and a career loser. no way this series should be going to game 7.

bro2044 and kjayp like this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Ah...the failings of the three point offense are back yet again.

10. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Rockets go 1 of 7 with 3 TO's in the final four minutes. CP3 has 8 points in the last 3 1/2 mins. Yikes.

bro2044 likes this.
  11. Rocketeer4Life

Chris Paul should've been this year's MVP

BasketMAD, CK Johnson and Kadoz like this.
  12. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

So basically what you're saying is that he NEEDS help closing games when it's a 1 possession game, or are you expecting Gordon & Westbrook to close games out??

13. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

I don't even know who to put the blame on for this loss.

Westbrook made a bunch of careless turnovers throughout the game, but the biggest one coming down the stretch.

D'antoni put Harden him much sooner than usual. But I can understand why he had to. OKC was scorching us and he needed to stop the bleeding.
    Harden played great the entire game. But you can tell he was tired. The last few possessions or so it seemed like he didn't even bother trying to get the ball.

bro2044 likes this.
  14. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Because we traded CP3 for him

BamBam likes this.
  15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

You know I think the Rox organization might be throwing the series so its clear way of firing MDA without looking bad for doing it

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I dont know how you can say that when the last 2 mins, he played hot potato with the ball. He deferred to Russ that whole time. Thats not what a leader or superstar does.

17. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

[​IMG]

GotGame15 likes this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't know what was going on with Westbrook in this game, or why Harden was deferring to him like that. And Eric Gordon -- yeesh.

Some credit is due to OKC's defense, I guess. And Chris Paul was brilliant closing the game. It's no coincidence that OKC has been the best clutch time team in the league this season.

bro2044 likes this.
  19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

the bad part is.....westbrook had a good game until the last minute, he gave us the lead on a drive

then the airball sorta changed the momentum

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Harden had a very good game. Except turnovers, harden was scoring shooting, driving and passing efficiently and effectively.

Unfortunately he also seem to stop impacting the game down the stretch. Westbrook made the mistakes and missed the shots but harden was also absent the last 4 minute 30 sec of the game. Thee score was rockets 98-92. CP3 took the ball in his hands and scored 8 down the stretch. Harden scored 1 point, but more confusing is he was pretty unassertive and passive while doing so.