1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/24/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 23, 2020.

1. haiti_king

haiti_king Member

I thought they would beat us in 5 if Russ didn't play, for it to be 2-2 is amazing, but we really need Russ back next game and playing like he did the last 30 games of the season

YaoMingsSoulja likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Then him having 40 minutes and someone else doing it should not matter . ..

Where can I download the game?

Rocket River

3. Mr. Space City

okc is not that good.

the rockets have having an all time poor coaching performance, combined with blatantly bias officiating.

4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Maybe if the Rockets drove to the basket instead of chucking 35 ft 3s...

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

this team’s stupidity was on a level so bad, that at this moment, I don’t even want to watch game 5

if I do, I’m switching everything up...no CF...no electronics...no tea...just me in a darkly lit room

DVauthrin and bro2044 like this.
  6. BigTex

BigTex Member

Rivers contributing nothing on offense. Needed him to step up with WB out.

7 for 24 FG. 29%
    3 for 13 3pt. 23%

BasketMAD, Remlap, bro2044 and 2 others like this.
  7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The guy failed with an efficient 32 points, 15 assists, 8 rebounds and 4 steals. How the hell is that failing?

Luka? You're really comparing Luka's support to Harden's? Harden is carrying a G-League team. Luka has great offensive support. There's a reason why people considering to have the best offensive team in the league. Stop it.

SORF likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

spills the tea.......

9. SORF

SORF Member

Interesting...Harden not wearing a mask in the post press conference for the first time. He also has a slight scowl on his face...hmmm

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

It is not that we lost... and it is how we lost. Blowing a 15 point lead does not win fans over.

NickKent, DVauthrin, bro2044 and 3 others like this.
  11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Has anyone seen Austin Rivers and tell him that the Playoffs have started. he has had 1 decent game in the series. With Westbrook out, this is his chance to step up

BasketMAD, Remlap, bro2044 and 2 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

leads mean nothing unless you have the lead that counts....the one at the end of the game

Ubiquitin likes this.
  14. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I think my blood pressure is up, Im sweating. Going to drink some alcohol. Im allowing the Rockets, Astros and Texans to slowly kill me. FML

15. YaoMingsSoulja

that 15 point lead was shaky from the very beginning. We literally hit 8 threes IN A ROW. We were clearly hot and went on a run. The game came down to the wire and you shouldn't have been surprised. We lost by three... without Russ. Pick your head up dust yourself off and play g5. series tied 2-2 big ****in deal.

16. Fefo

Fefo Member

i think i never seen a defender figure Harden as much as Dort has. Its actually really impressive, but its really slowing James down. Not even kwahi . I have never seen him play before, i wonder if he is this good of a defender against anytime, or theres something on james games that works really well with his skills.
    Terrible loss, i think the team looks tired. Live by the 3, die by the 3 i guess.

bro2044 likes this.
  17. NickKent

NickKent Member

You can quote his stats over and over - that doesn't change the fact that he continued his horrible decision making in the final moments.

Who on Dallas would start on this team? You stop it.

Bearded13 likes this.
  18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

It's not even about the score, it's about the details we fail to deliver on the court year after year under the same leadership off and on the court

19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The fact that Harden is getting blamed for this loss is amazing. Have you seen who Harden is playing with? His supporting cast is playing inconsistent as hell.

Covington, Tucker, Rivers, Gordon and even McLemore (on MDA for not playing him at times) are literally not adding anything to offensive end in this series. I know Gordon had a good game tonight, but he's been pretty poor in the whole series so far. McLemore is barely out there. Covington finally shot well tonight, but he has been struggling in the whole bubble. Rivers hasn't done anything since that one night. The only players who have turned up in the whole series are Harden, House and Green. You cannot win a series with just 3 guys.

This is why we need Westbrook back. It takes the load off Harden's back. You can tell Harden's getting tired really quickly because his teammates are not offering anything on the offensive end, unless it's from Harden's plays.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Once I step back (no pun intended) and realize that none of this matters, I start to feel a little better.

I was good without basketball, this sh-t adds unnecessary anxiety to the routine and these dudes don't even know me or know I'm cheering so hard for them.

I wish Basketball didn't come back, I was so productive.