1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/24/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Harden just had a bad shooting night, I've seen him shred tougher defenses. I dont get why this bum is being hyped as the 2nd coming of Gary Payton, I do agree about OKC going small to better match up against us on the perimeter.

2. s3ts

s3ts Member

Not worried. What happened in Game 3 is going to keep the whole team locked in mentally.

This is probably going to be the most brutal loss for OKC, and secure us a 5-game gentleman's sweep.

The X factor is the reffing like others have suggested. And it's obvious we can't do anything about that.

3. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I wonder why all the teams passed on him in the draft. You think OKC’s GM is that good where he can find diamonds but yet trade 3 future hall of famers. We lost the game they didn’t win it.

Dopamine, D-rock and s3ts like this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

OKC has to be considered excellent at drafting. Their flaw seems to be trading and managing existing talent.

Seems like a lot of teams take the opposite approach -- be bad to decent on drafting, but make great trades and hope a superteam gets created in your city.

It's a bit strange to witness when championships teams seem to be started by excellent draft picks.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I'm not hearing a peep from our players. Nothing. Good. Rockets play much better when motivated. I hope they come out foaming at the mouth, ready for the kill.

Let's see if my Russ prediction comes to pass. If it's a grade 1 injury, he should be about ready.

6. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

They barely won on a harden off night.

Pass the ball more.

so ready for the next game!

Remlap, s3ts and D-rock like this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

Hoping for another boring blow out where we get see Bruno play, winning by 20+, Westbrook continues to heal and E. Gordon goes for 40+. Cool thing is all could happen less Bruno playing.

Killatron 2000, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

3 pointers lock and loaded

[​IMG]

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's tradition.

10. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

You hear that @Reeko...that's the sound of OKC's clock striking Midnight. Rockets bounce back WIN

Reeko likes this.
  11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

yeah im sure this green dinosaur knows exaaactly whats going on

BigMaloe and D-rock like this.
  14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If we want to have a chance at the championship we have to put OKC away fast, and not have the series go 2-2.
    Even if we do reach the finals, going through two LA teams, the East champion will definitely be ready and healthy.
    I predict Raps may go 7 against Boston but would take Milwaukee or Miami in 6

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Russ is ready. Let the guy play. Brokeback CJ playing, Luka with a sprained ankle just had a triple double and a game winner of a lifetime over the Clippers.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

No Russ and I agree.

Everyone is panicking after that crapfest of a game. Rockets do not need Russ to win this series. Should have been a sweep.

Easily.

Fyreball likes this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Green dinosaur has legit sources. He nailed everything at the trade deadline before it happened.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Except for Christian Wood trade.

I was so hoping that one was real.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The talent discrepancy is too damn high for OKC to feel like they have a legit chance in this series. Rockets need to get back to focusing on their clamps on defense, and this should be a wrap in 5.

YallMean, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member