1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/22/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Hold it together, Clutch Fans!

2. fattz

fattz Member

Why are some upset? Did you think we where going to win ever game in the playoffs? For the most part we did not have a great game overall but we were one free throw away from the win. Our shots weren’t falling and our other all world player is injured. We were where we needed to be for the win but it didn’t happen. There is a reason OKC is in the playoffs they are a good team but we are better. Our superiority will show over the series.

#1762 fattz, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    DeBeards, hakeem94, Dopamine and 4 others like this.
  3. BigTex

BigTex Member

Gordon 4 for 26 on threes

A cool 15.4%

DeBeards, BasketMAD, ak99999 and 6 others like this.
  4. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

This times one hundred million
    That is possibly the dumbest game ending play I can remember in the last few years in the playoffs except for JR Smith running away from the basket with the ball :eek:

#1764 palmsnbananas, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    DeBeards, BasketMAD, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  5. magichat281

magichat281 Member

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Man when you have a chance to put an inferior team away, you need to put them away. Remember Clippers-Rockets series in 2015? You give the inferior team confidence they could surprise you.

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Eric Gordon is absolute trash. Please get hurt again you burning pile of ****.

BasketMAD, bro2044 and TWS1986 like this.
  8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

And morey gave him 3 more years. That contract will bite them in the ass down the road.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But.........House, Green, and Harden shot
    25 of 50 FG.

Gordon, Tucker, McLemore, Rivers, and Covington only made 13 FG combined out of 42 shots.

The good thing is that we know that all those guys are capable of shooting better. I was hoping our guys would clinch this series without Westbrook, so we could not have to rush him back too soon. We need a win Monday night for sure, so Russ can rest a little more. The last thing we need is him coming back too soon.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Harden post interview. (on Rocket player getting banged in the nuts by CP3)

MDA (kept it professional)

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, D ..we should have won going away..but the zebras threw shade on us all game, keeping it close..over and over..killing momentum. It never should have come down to that call...which was the cherry on top. It really WAS reminiscent of the GS games.
    Oh we'll close these guys out, but it tires us for that Big series coming next.

curbur likes this.
  12. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Funny. You need tell that to half htown when they are at the game i always hear names all the time during the game. If youre not ready for name calling then you shouldnt be around people when they are watching sports. people get angry and shout names during intesnse games, i dont think you should be around people during intense games. I hear other players call each other b****es at the game, female dog on period.

13. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

just watched it again, around 2:39:30, the Houston commentators at first say definitely off Adams, then they saw this angle again and said oh wait a minute, that’s close.

Yeah so I guess I don’t know. Probably the refs should have not overturned it since the it’s not “conclusive evidence” that it was OKC ball. Bad call.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Rockets need to stop shooting 5 to 10 feet behind the 3 point line. Open or not, it is too difficult.

DeBeards, BasketMAD, bro2044 and 2 others like this.
  15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I don't mind that we lost. I hate the WAY we lost. Blowing the game in the last few mins of the 4th, with horrible errors, turnovers, stepping out of bounds, piss poor defense, and more is just a terrible, terrible way to end a game. The team just unraveled at the worst moment.

DeBeards, ak99999, Houtho and 9 others like this.
  16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Houston can win this match actually, It is just one match.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Calm the F down, everyone. You didn’t honestly think we were going to sweep these guys, did you?

And even despite the fact that we didn’t play particularly well, we still should have won this game. We had, what, a five point lead with a minute left?

Bottom line: unlike the first two games, we defended their guard trio poorly. They had much more success getting into the paint. That and we basically put on a clinic on how to NOT close out a game between the stupid TO’s (House stepping on the line, our inexplicable inability to inbound the ball), missed FT and defensive lapses.

Here we are burning up two timeouts trying to figure out how to inbound the ball before the costly turnover. Fast forward two plays later: they’re inbounding the ball with ease, and we dodged a bullet with CP3’s reverse layup attempt barely bouncing out to take us into OT.

The contrast was very evident. We got outworked and outplayed in crunch time. We also got a firm reminder of how those little touch fouls throughout the game add up and can burn you. Once Harden fouled out in OT you knew the game was over.

As for EG, I feel for the guy. He’s absolutely killing himself out there on both ends of the court trying to get it going. His jumper has been MIA for quite some time, but he was able to have success driving to the basket during the first two games. Well, tonight none of the above worked. Brick City. He was a dreadful -29, to boot. Getting Russ back will tremendously ease his workload.

Patience, SORF and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Still quoting me with more nonsense? If someone is at TC calling players f***** and all other sorts of trash, then they’re losers too just like u. It’s because of losers like u why I’m always on the players side when they go after fans in the stands for talking reckless.

as for your other stupid post, if I’m having people at my house for a Rockets game, no, none of them would be screaming out slurs towards the players...I don’t hang around children

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd say he is a mediocre fit with this team.

Needs to be traded.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  20. curbur

curbur Member

I hope you're under the age of 16, cause otherwise you're an absolute tool & loser like @Reeko said..