1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 5/1/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2013.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

naw, man. Mchale taking a piss, putting Asik there, rubbing it in would be the indelible image in their minds. Cats would be angry and motivated instead of dejected and confused.

2. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

that asik 2 for 1 foul was well worth it.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I saw your post quoted somewhere else, and actually searched through 3 pages just so I could rep you for this post.

4. dream1222

dream1222 Member

I'm fine with keep Beverley as starter

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I just hope we get JVG on Friday and not the curse of Jon Barry

6. RRockets

RRockets Member

You are right. But you know haters are gonna hate.

7. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Parsons had a bad game tonight.

4-12 FG 0-5 3-PT for 10 points, 3 TOs 4 assists 5 rebounds. Got blocked 4 times.

Thankfully Beverley, Brooks, Garcia and especially Asik all played huge tonight to compensate.

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

Only thing bothered me about Harden tonight was his persistence in passing the ball to Asik off the dribble-drive like he thinks Asik is his dodgeball opponent. Ah, well. Maybe he'll have every part of his game perfected by game 7.

9. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

Shaq gives the rockets more love than Kenny or Charles, former rockets.

10. timyeung

timyeung Member

Yeah, its not like Lin played all season long to help us get into the Playoffs in the first place.

11. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

Lets scroll back to yesterday

WHERE THE HARDEN HATERS AT?

Come out, its safe

12. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Anybody below this who post anything about how we should get rid of Lin after tonight, or how Lin is better than Bev or Araan are not Rocket fans. We should only celebrate what an amazing game tonight

13. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

Did I miss something here? Did Asik flip Scott brooks the bird or something?

14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

a MUCH better player? I dont think thats true at all, and I like Lin. I'd take Brooks over Lin any day (sorry), and Beverly is proving himself.

and I am NOT just talking about the playoffs, Lin playing injured etc. I'm just saying. This PG duo is playing well together, and there may be a reason. I mean, you cant criticize Bevs and shooting and making it sound like Lin's shooting is solid... his jumpers have been sketchy all season long. The truth is, unless he was playing "like" Harden then he wasn't contributing as much...and Harden plays that way better. I do think Lin should control the ball more than Harden, just like our PGs controlled it more than Harden tonight, but in the end... we're back in the series after great play from our bench PGs.

either way, Go Rockets!!

15. rocketsmetalspd

Durant will come out strong Friday but that will take a lot out of him. I am seeing that he will log too many minutes that it will take its toll on his shot late in the game.

16. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Omer "Great Wall of Turkey" Asik with the cold-blooded free-throws!! Suck it OKC. It's amazing that they had to resort to such a pathetic strategy only to FAIL..in the playoffs, lol Rockets got them shook.

Again Francisco with a great game and godly defense on Durant!

Chandler, Brooks and Bevs with great games themselves. The booing crowd kept Bevs fired up, another massive FAIL by OKC :p

and of course, Saint Harden coming through BIG this game!
    That's one lucky sore throat!
    [​IMG]

17. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

He did. But we can't mess with the chemistry now. It's not time to integrate a guy back into the lineup when it's an elimination game.

18. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Boy did Kevin Martin suck ass tonight. So glad for the trade.

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I think Lin will come off the bench. Noway Garcia should be bumped back to the bench. Lin can still get his 25 to 30 minutes off the bench and He and Brooks can run the second unit.

20. RRockets

RRockets Member

Totally agree with you.