1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2019.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Last chance to buy Eric Gordon merchandise.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

3. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Tucker

4. JW86

JW86 Member

We didn't get to play our game, because OKC was in the passing lanes, has long guys who disrupt our passing lanes and possibility at the alley-oops so they dared us to shoot floaters and lay-ups. Threes were heavily contested too. This is what you get also for messing around too long, taking foot of the pedal and just take it easy. When the pressure was on, only Tucker took it to work harder. Harden was too tired it seems, Gordon was just not doing anything and CP3 had already done his thing in the 3rd. Capela not sure where he was, but not fighting for rebounds. Could've used Faried there.

Also I wanted them to foul Westbrook so badly, he's only a 60 something percent FT shooter...I knew they were going to make a shot. Also how we just let Westbrook get that dunk to make it 109 to our 110 was just dumb. I give credit to OKC though, they get some BS calls agains them and just kept battling, wanted it more. I don't like how PG just came in and was allowed to just shove Tucker on the ground. Glad PJ showed them what's up and also said Ball don't lie after that one call on him. He was fired up.

I like how Bzdelik gave Green time over Shumpert, that's the only positive I can take from this game. I like how ice cold him and CP3 were in the 3rd, but too many guys non-existent on either the offensive sad and or defensive side of the ball. Rivers, Tucker & Nene all around bad. Tucker & Gordon on offense. Capela with some stinkers and Harden too. This did not show our best game at all and if we meet these guys, don't expect it to go less than 6 games.

5. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

If Green stays in the game, the defense would suffer and OKC would defend him better. They are a smart defensive team and make the right adjustments.

It was a tough loss tonight. But certainly not the end of the world as we know it. We are still playing the best basketball and peaking at the right time. I can't believe there are people here who think we will struggle more against OKC vs the Warriors.

GSW are probably the best team of all time. Morey may have built the team to match up favourably with them, but come on. In a seven game series the Warriors are deadly.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

I meant House was all around bad, @Hakeemtheking , stop liking every post ;)

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I'm glad I missed the game. I saw the recap and it appears the Rockets had it under control but couldn't finish them off. So House was bad and EG was also terrible. Not much to say here, but the Rockets better make a lemonade out of this lemon. They had a great chance to make things easier for themselves and unless a miracle happens, we will end up in the Worriers bracket. My silver lining is that we will get to dispatch the Worriers earlier than expected.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

Where the **** was Eric Gordon? All star against the knicks and sun then no-show against the thunder. Smh. Gordon's time should be coming to an end on this roster, championship or not

9. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets beat the Jazz in round one and the Warriors in round two, then yeah beating Den/Por in the WCF is going to be comparatively easy.

whiskeyred, Deuce and hakeem94 like this.
  10. basketballholic

Would Bruno Caboclo have been able to contest that Paul George jumper into a miss?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

11. basketballholic

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Just finished watching the end of the game...the refs were really letting a lot of contact go on both sides. It was a good shot by PG in the end. I was literally laughing at the post game celebration by the Thunder...did they win the championship? Lol.

13. 1234567

1234567 Member

2nd round exit. Capella miss out.
    No luxury tax problems.

That is all.

You all think THIS is the team to take down these Warriors. OK.

And no MVP.

But you all knew that in the back of your mind.

And if they play OKC then they may be out 1st round.

With a 11 14 start they would deserve a 1st round exit.

Haden missed late free throws...

Wow this is a major lost with so much on the line.....

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That was the only Real Adjustment they made
    They realize the Refs were allowing all the contact
    and they took full advantage of it

Ego just missed some insanely open shots
    House was timid
    NeNe was NeNe
    Faried was glued to the bench

Rocket River

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, but this was HUGE for them. They could still wind up 8th when all is said and done, but had the Rockets held on, OKC almost certainly finishes 8th barring the Spurs choking at home against the Mavs(the Clippers will beat a Utah team with literally nothing to play for).

Let's not candy coat it. The Rockets squandered a golden opportunity. I can't think of a better playoff scenario than the 2nd seed and the Clippers in Round 1 with Denver in Round 2 and home court in both series. Now we're likely looking at the 4th seed and the Jazz in Round 1 and the Warriors in Round 2.

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Warriors in round 2 would be awesome. The sooner we face them at full strength the better...it seems like the longer CP3 goes in the playoffs the more likely he’ll get hurt. I’m not sure he can handle a month of intense ball followed by a series with the Warriors again. :(

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The one consolation with facing the Warriors earlier is that Curry seems to get hurt frequently at the beginning of the playoffs. And right on cue, last night against the Pelicans, he sprained his foot. He's supposedly gonna be ok to go for Game 1, but if Milwaukee does us a solid and beats the Thunder tonight and OKC winds up 8th, that is not gonna be a fun matchup for him dealing with Westbrook and Schroder all series.

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

That loss made me a little sick to my stomach. It wasn't just the last fifteen seconds of the game. It was the entire 4th quarter. The Rockets had to make many bad plays in order to lose this game. Bad turnovers, missed shots, poor rebounding, missed free throws, terrible defense.

The Rockets had a ton of momentum going into the playoffs. Now it feels like they took a huge step back.

19. farhen

farhen Member

I like seeing you guys whine all night long :p

20. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

A couple things in the 4th qtr stood out to me that upsets. The two almost consecutive drives by Gordon, where first he got blocked, second he drove to the basket with no plan and dished it out of bounds.

The other was the rushed offense and scrambling when we up by 4 and 2:22 left in the game. What's the rush.....slow the damn tempo.

hakeem94 and Remlap like this.