1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/5/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 3, 2015.

1. thejav

thejav Member

Good win by the team..really gotta start making open 3s..this team is obviously better with howard on the floor..we will be very dangerous in the playoffs.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a crazy game. If Harden doesn't get a phantom call for his 5th foul, the end of this game might have been much different. Instead, we end up with a nail biter. Terrible outcome for the Thunder, since NOLA owns the tie breaker. It's going to be close getting that 8th spot. The Rockets? We tighten our grip a bit at 2nd in the West. I'm want the Mavs in the 1st round, and right now it looks good.

3. wgray

wgray Member

ok cool thx

i thought so

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Really want McHale to have confidence in Nick and Capela.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Not how it works. If the Pelicans make the playoffs, their pick falls behind all Eastern Playoff teams. A lot more than just 1 spot.

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If New Orleans misses the playoffs, they'll have the presumed 14th pick. If they make the playoffs, they could end up with with anywhere between the 18th and 20th (depends on the Eastern Conference playoff teams).

You're actually taking 4-5 spots. If it does slip to 20th, we wouldn't even get it this year.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ariza had an off game. Brewer also didn't do much offensively. And Pepperoni went 0-3. If at least one of those guys had a good game, this one would've been over early in the 4th.

And of course, the foul shooting. I'm sure they'll work on that over the next two days before facing the Spurs. And once D-Mo comes back, Dorsey won't get many minutes(if any).

8. thejav

thejav Member

That wont happen anytime soon..

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I'll give Westbrook one thing, if he ever learns to play collected with that athleticism like Rose... I'd take him over Harden, and that's not a knock on Harden.

But again that scenario doesn't seem that likely just given his mindset.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Definitely not in close games

Rocket River

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Houston should have won by 20! Houston was crushing the front line of OKC. Harden coasted into a 41 point game. Dwight was beasting with minimal minutes. Josh smith was dominating in the paint. OKC was down 4 rotational players! Wtf are you talking about?

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It'll be close but those athletic types like Westbrook or Rose usually have broke 3 pt shots. He would have to improve on that from his usual 32% from deep.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

This. It wouldn't have even been close had we made half of the missing ones. The free throws are going to hurt us if we don't get I fixed. Too much jumpiness. OKC were lights out making their threes. That's the why w didn't pull away from them.

14. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

that would be terrible

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

records don't mean anything, it goes by whether teams are in the lottery or not.

at worst the Pelicans would get the 14th pick if they miss the playoffs

the 14 lottery teams get the first 14 picks regardless of record, then the playoff teams get the next 16

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I had this as a loss. I didnt know Ibaka wasnt playing.

17. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Was that Mauer closest to Brewer's intentional hack foul trying to screw us again with swallowing his whistle on the final play?

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

that's not what was said, they were going by team record. If the Pelicans miss the Playoffs, we will likely get the 14th pick

19. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Worst case scenario is 19th pick per Draft Express. We'll get the pick no matter what this year.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's out another 2-4 weeks. He may miss the playoffs entirely unless he tries to come back early(assuming OKC even makes it).