1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/24/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I really have no idea what you're talking about. All of his egregious plays were when he was the one making plays.

Saw him literally just dribble up, pull up and take an ill advised shot in Westbrook's face, right after Westbrook did it to him, as if he has the license to do those type of things. Then I saw him do the same thing to Durant later on if I'm not mistakened. Saw him try to do some stupid baseline bounce pass past three defenders and inbetween one of their legs. Saw him get call for a pick and roll and get trapped soon as he came off of it. Saw him throw a ball straight at the rim for the alley oop.

How the **** do you turn the ball over 4 times if all you are doing is "running in the corner and waiting for a open shot." The phantom "he wasn't running the point" conveniently comes out every time he has a bad game.

2. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

IF it is what our coaches are thinking about, i rather sit him to do nothing. bev, delfino, garcia are all better spot up shooters than lin. why bother to put him on the court? i don't mind harden to take all loads of pg duty if you think it is a smart move.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Don't confuse em with logic. :grin:

good post, agreed. It takes time for a young team to get the experience in the playoffs, anyone who thought the Rockets were gonna come out and provide a serious challenge to OKC needs their heads examined. WAY too young and inexperienced and not enough talent to compete with the Best of the West.

Just wanted to point this link out.....the things you guys post here in the game thread could just as easily be said in realtime to actual people who are in the same chatroom at the same time. The web interface had been down for a while, but it should be working now.

Try it out...when lots of fans are together in chat, it becomes alot of fun to talk to folks as things are happening. Just remember, the rules in chat are the same as on the board.

No cussing, keep the chat about the game during gameplay..save offtopic stuff for timeouts and halftime....and try to be nice to each other...there are moderators in there who will boot you if you become disruptive.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

you know nothing but dissing a rox player. sorry. no interest to continue to discuss with you. leave me alone.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

I'm not trying to be negative but even though it's on the players to make sure they keep the ball moving and not go 1-on-1. It's on the coach to set them straight, have enough plays to counter it and the guts to sit players and give a chance to others. It's that simple. Let's see if we adjust, if we don't, McHale cannot take us any further than he has and it's time to part ways.

6. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Sorry for posting facts. I'll leave you alone since you seem to be allergic. Feel free to keep complaining about Harden Isolation plays, Harden's defense, and McHale.

7. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

wud like to see Lin play in 6th gear the whole time like during linsanity. Bev does this...Lin just needs to refocus and become the motor again.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There are really only two ways to beat OKC in a series.

A dominant inside presence or Lebron James, we have neither.

9. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Greg smith turned the ball over 3 times in 17 mins... he is running our offense now? Dear God...

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Adjust what? adjustments can really only fiddle with stuff on the edges, that works when you're relatively well matched with your opponents.

When you lack the prerequisites to be able to challenge a team, lack of talent in core positions, there's really nothing anything the coach can do.

11. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Does Greg Smith "spot up and take jumpers?" They play different roles. Greg's posting up and getting stripped. Jeremy Lin's role is to create shots. He did it well. He created 4 shots for our team and 4 for OKC.

Listen to Kenny

[youtube]znuy0xgwkYE[/youtube]

12. gambingo

gambingo Member

We'll do better, i hope, but we'll still lose. We don't play defense like the Bulls and Thunder is far superior than Nets, so don't get your hope up.

Still somewhere in the back of my mind, Harden, Lin, & Parson go bananas and we win xp

13. dxdx

dxdx Member

Team had better buck up for round 2, no more excuses of being cowed by the bright lights or choked on the big stage. Not expecting a win, but at least a proper basketball game that we can be proud of.

14. Gil

Gil Member

The ****. No it wasn't .

He got torched by Westbrook all night lin did a better job on him.

Bev was more impressive on the offensive end.

15. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

[​IMG]

16. Gil

Gil Member

This is coming from someone who LOF's call the biggest LOH on here so I'm definitely unbiased lol.

Bev played crappy defense all game long.

17. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Hmm you must be a troll, you should be added to the list that everyone needs to put on ignore.

18. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

You are a troll or didnt watch the game, probably both.

19. LAC

LAC Member

Lin, Mchale, Harden, spot up, ISO, ball handling, turnover, defensive effort, small ball...
    Did I miss anything? Because I don't think I have seen anything else on CF these days.
    I move to ban all the above words/phrases just so we can focus on the team's overall effort and performance. :p
    Or we can choose to talk about our most important player, Omer Asik. :cool:

20. Gil

Gil Member

Lmaooooo

There really is such a thing as a LOH on here then.

Westbrook scored ONLY 4 points in the 1st quarter before Lin sat on 2/7 shooting.

Beverley comes in and he suddenly goes off hitting 5 of his next 8 shots.

Yeah I'm a troll indeed.