1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/24/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2013.

1. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I hope Bev plays well again and I think he will, but I also think Lin will settle down and play much better. But dang, for such a small market city like OKC they have a crazy electric fanbase. I think that just increased his nervousness and he seemed shaky. He should settle doen and be much better.

In regards to Harden and the rest, Harden will get his 25+, but if he shoots 30% again, we're gona lose. Parsons needs to step up and also give us 15+ and some solid D on KD. The main thing Im worried about is down low. Ibaka and even Perkins are clogging the paint and none of our front court players can stretch them out. I actually think we should play DMO tho stretch the floor and allow driving lanes for Harden and Lin

2. T4Buckets

T4Buckets Member

we got this

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think they have a bit of a let down but we still lose by double digits.

DD

4. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I hate how loud and how much energy their crowd gives. You can tell they really feed off that. Wish we had that kinda crowd

5. RRockets

RRockets Member

Bulls set a good example for game 2

1 - 1

90 : 82

6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

OKC primary focus on defense is taking Harden out of the game. Keeping a defender on him and one of the bigs helping on drives. We have NOBODY else on the floor who can draw attn so it will be another tough game for him. The only way to get the defense to loosen up on Harden is for us to make A LOT of 3s. That's the only chance we have. Delfino,Parsons, Lin, Beverly gotta be hittin'

7. pnr

pnr Member

Problem is they actually have a consistently good defense to fall back on and they were going up against the Nets.

8. lived

lived Member

I don't expect the Rockets to win this next game, probably a loss by <10 pts.

So miffed that I took a day off work only to watch the wrong end of a blowout (gametime is morning in Australia). Game 2, I'd be happy just to see them execute better ball motion and improved shot selection. Lin's and Parson's outside shots have to fall in order to match OKC's offensive bursts.

Hustle and play hard. Go Rockets!

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

LOL @ people comparing the Bulls and NJ to the Rockets and Thunder. The bulls are 5th and NJ 4th, there is no huge talent disparity and Thibodeau is a great coach that can make adjustments. If anything NJ just came back down to earth. Rockets are 8th and the Thunder 1st. I hate to rain on the parade, but the scenarios aren't even similar.

Expect another dose of reality next game. Won't be as big of a blowout but won't be close either.

10. pnr

pnr Member

If we lose by <10 points I will consider it a success

11. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

We lose again.

12. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

30+ points with 20 from Parsons. Lin will get 10 pts.

13. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Another loss.

14. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

bev has more exp than lin hes not afraid of those okc fans, mans fearless thats why he played really good in game 1, however, if lin could be as fearless as bev was and play his game. id say start him still, if not, AB might be a better option than him,

15. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Lol for the people saying we have a good chance cause the Bulls won today haha that's funny. Nets n Thunder are two different breeds.

16. nono

nono Member

Despite so much excitement over this season it is still a bit depressing that there is such a huge gape between where we are and where they are.

17. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

If Lin is clearly ****ting the bed again early, replace him with Beverley and bring Brooks off the bench.

18. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Are we doing a RED ALERT or RED OUT for game 3 and 4?

We should but will we shell out the money to give fans red shirts? guess it doesnt matter cause half the lower bowl will be empty til halftime

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We must play better in the first quarter and 2nd half. They need to have the 3 ball working. Our offense doesn't work in the playoffs? BS Run and gun before the d sets, hit the 3s, slash to the basket to make the shot, not to draw a foul. The refs are going to be manipulating the charge/block call and 3 seconds and palming and anything else to ignite a blowout win for them.

20. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

relevance?