1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/23/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2017.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Yea and 2006 Rockets had home court yet they lost to the Jazz.

CK Johnson likes this.
  2. jae713

jae713 Member

Trez can bring some much needed energy. Capela is stinking it up out there.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden cares. stop it. Harden has the ultimate lazy game.. he can't go out there with his hair on fire because his body can't do it. He has to be smarter than his competition. Harden is the turtle in the race against the hare.

DonKnock, bobloblaw and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Nah thats not it. Tim duncan was boring, won mvp, and was loved by all tv networks. Its something else with Harden. I know what it is but im not saying nothing

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Wylo

Wylo Member

This is exactly what I'm saying. There will be times when the opposing defense will take our 3s and layups away. Then what? I still see too much hesitation from our players about taking mid-range shots, even in those instances

ramotadab likes this.
  6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

i agree, but he spaces the floor and has a much better chance of rebounding and defending against taj than trevor. this is the worst possible matchup for trevor. okc has no wings for him to guard. trevor can do a solid job not letting abrines/mcdermott get open and go off. you want to limit their bench as much as possible, not trade baskets

7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Would you say they've um SUSTAINED their offensive efficiency and prowess this series?

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. mightybosstone

D'Antoni needs to fix this offense. That first half was a mess, and it's a damn miracle that they're only down four.

9. hakeemthagreat

Harden is too wake up. Dude looks "uninterested" in winning this game. His urgency should be thru the roof given the importance of this game. I've never seen a star player look this legargic at times

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

2nd half adjustments:

Adjustments are overrated. Usually you just tell them to play harder.

PLAY HARDER!

[​IMG]

11. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

Wasn't there an article that said that D'Antoni teams tire out in the playoffs because of the demand on players' bodies during the regular season? You definitely have to think Harden is tired.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

For the most part, yeah, they're getting easy looks. Russ has been hitting that midrange shot at a respectable rate all series, it's the threes that he hasn't been able to hit. If they were playing this Rockets defense every game in the regular season then I suspect that their offensive efficiency would've looked a lot better.

Roberson has also been getting putbacks and layups/dunks off of cuts. Isn't he averaging almost 14 ppg in this series?

francis 4 prez likes this.
  13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

On the money.....no defense whatsoever as usual. I HATE constantly firing up 3's while there is NO ONE under the basket to rebound.

Vivi likes this.
  14. HookemHorns1250

Man what I would give for Anderson to find his shot to start this half.

DreamShook likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, I haven't been a fan of Montrezl this last part of the season; it seems like he has lost some of his fire. However, I agree. If Capela isn't rebounding, blocking shots and not getting any lobs, he can't be out there.

jae713 likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, Westbrook just has a lot of dramatics and it looks like he cares more. Harden cares just as much, if people think he doesn't and he just lazily put forth one of the best seasons of all time then you are admitting that really Harden is probably one of the best players ever if he just cared to be.

Westbrook just looks more energetic because he's a lot more athletic. Harden on a fastbreak is a lot more methodical than Westbrook running at full speed.

17. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I'm all about that if we play defense. Ego's been fairly consistent w/ that 3 and we need to make a run. I wish we had an alternative for playing Trev 40 minutes a night. I'd feel he'd move better if that wasn't the case.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. BigTex

BigTex Member

Rockets 4-14 on threes. 28%
    Thunder 3-6

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. ak99999

ak99999 Member

If only we could make 3s instead of bricks!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

No you don't.