1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 2/27/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2024.

1. j@amc

j@amc Member

The rest of this season should be about keeping people healthy and trying to get a greater measure of consistency out of this group. They gave Jalen Green his airtime on TNT, and he got his big dunk (albeit meaningless) in the fourth. Maybe that's what other GMs will remember and think about his potential with a fresh start.

Still waiting for that post-allstar starting lineup/rotation change that gets Amen and Cam more minutes in close games either at the start or the end of games.

The wear and tear of the season has completely robbed Sengun of his FT jumper and at the line. While many are crying for the 3-point accuracy, I think he can be a much more effective scorer if he's accurate from 15 to 17 feet. Then his colliding-rumbling drives would mean something. Without the perimeter game, teams just swallow him in the paint.

Might be nice if we could find a few more sets on offense as well. The hover behind the 3-point line (with some below NBA standards shooter) + PnR with FVV is super bland and easily defended.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

0 chance.

They arent bringing back the guy they cut for assaulting a woman. There was incident after incident with him and he wasnt good enough to ever justify the investment. Simply being better than Jalen isnt a high enough level to warrant such a bad person's presence.

OremLK and ramotadab like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GARM is certainly more vocal this year. A lot of folks had checked out at by this time last year

jim1961 and sirjesse like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this post was predictable

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Missed the game. Did we win?

[​IMG]

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Glad I went to sleep at halftime

WestendMassive and BigggReddd like this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

That went according to plan didnt it!

9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Shai and Holmgren are better than any players we have and it isn't close. Depressing we were within a couple picks of having Banchero, Holmgren, Wembanyama..

Ya'll can continue the Jalen hate bandwagon while 70 million was spent to go 5-19 with 12 points (Brooks + FVV). Also I cannot stand anytime Jeff Green is on the floor. I don't need any advanced stats to say whenever Uncle Jeff steps off the bench we are dreadful.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao, I was gonna post that. They are cut from the same cloth seemingly, sadly.

He was just as bad as Green until year 4 when he finally started to show something.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

just win baby!

He pled guilty to a misdemeanor - and will have his record completely cleared - I just think Stone loves him as does Tillman - and his talent is DESPERATELY needed on this team - he can shoot, he can dribble, he can defend - the ONLY question is one of maturity, and at a Non-guaranteed contract - and IME in charge......I dunno, I think they just might.

DD

#1011 DaDakota, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess the dude that he was flexing at, would be out of the league as well.

13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's fair to lump Jalen Green and KPJ together in that sense. KPJ has been proven to be someone who has a violent temper, apparent off-court issues and on-court performance problems. Jalen has been pretty bad on the court and immature off of it at times. Even if his tenure with us doesn't work out (and it's looking increasingly like that's the case as of now) I don't wish any career ending injuries on him and I don't really get why you dislike him that much, especially when you've always been pretty fair in assessing his game when we've talked.

That said, I have absolutely 0 problems with admitting that I was wrong about how I thought his third season would go, and fully understand what his "critics" have to say--especially when my Rockets-colored glasses are taken off.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I refuse to watch the highlights. Anything with Green is a waste of time.

DaDakota likes this.
  15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Jalen is NOT going to flourish with the Rockets. He may do better on another team because he'll be just another player instead of the guy they drafted at #2. All of the privilege and ego he has here will go out the window or he'll find himself on his 3rd team just trying to earn a roster spot.

Jalen needs the shock therapy of playing for a team that doesn't give a flip about him and he's just a number. He'll either grow up and step up or officially become a bust.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Underdog villain picture gets me every time.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Was out of pocket and missed the game.
    L :(