1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Reed Sheppard is a Rocket! And what happened with that Clingan smokescreen? We're talking Rockets live at 10:30am CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    It's time for the second round of the Draft! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room at 3:00pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #44?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 2/27/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Sengun being a turnstile on defense will make us think twice on his extension.
    You ideally want a rim protector next to him but his foot speed will get exposed big time if he has to guard 4's on a regular basis.
    Will Jabari be able to play the 3 at some point or is being at the 4 the best spot for him down the line,
    Green is just a chucker and won't ever be a consistant scorer on a good team.

2. Strawberry Gum

The following are the teams which are worse than us at offense:

Detroit Pistons
    Washington Wizards
    San Antonio Spurs
    Charlotte Hornets
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Memphis Grizzlies

What a fascinating list.

3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Sengun is only a #2 on a championship team, Cam can become a #1 or #2 but needs more time. Amen is a elite defender who should be on multiple ALL NBA TEAMS in the future and Tari is a true 3 and D guy. Jabari is not HIM and do not believe he is our core group on this team. We need a Miles Bridges or Mikal Bridges to play with Sengun.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The look on Amen and Cam's faces down the stretch says more than words ever could.

The longer this season goes on, little by little the Udoka allure is starting to wear off bit by bit.

How in the world after watching those first three quarters do you think Jalen deserves time on the court over either of them?

That's two games in a row after the Amen defensive master class he's gotten reduced minutes. All the more comical the first two possessions he had SGA........... Back to back Thunder turnovers.

I don't know what the official stat person was doing, must've watched only 5 minutes of this game because they only put three TOs next to Green's name all game. I know for a fact he had more than that.

Imagine being a coach and talking tough about changes need to be made... and yet continue to run with the pathetic Green and let him contribute another game as the worst player in the league shooting the most shots on the team. And records yet another sub 40% shooting night in the process.

Jalen having atrocious shooting percentages is literally the only thing consistent about his game.

"Sengun sucks Sengun can't play defense Sengun this Sengun that".... Sengun goes to the bench and for the 390482930th time this season the other team bends over the Rockets.

It is quite obvious Jalen is happy to be a loser - has absolutely zero winning attributes about him. He walks off the court happy today because he got a highlight dunk. Meanwhile the real players are p*ssed off and unhappy about that game (and lets be honest, we know they're quietly once again p*ssed how how f*cking putrid it is playing 4 on 5 each night because they are not trotting out a SG alongside them)

He's now reached KPJ levels of ruining Rockets games just by seeing him in the starting line up. I guess I shouldn't expect anything more from a team lead by Tilman and Stone.

#984 Downtown Sniper, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  5. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

The offense look like the 2 Silas years. The Player take too many difficult shots in bad positions and if they pass fast and find free man he miss The shot. The Team lost confidence in te last 3 month. The defense is actually not The problem in my opinion. There is from time to time few bad minutes in the defense but that happens every teams. If they stop to pass The Ball we see Silas offense. Jalen Green is not a competitive Player. Maybe it will be better to play streeetball for him. He is a low IQ Player and he cannot play under pressure. The Veterans arround FVV and DB are also mot consistent enough. DB had last games no foul trouble maybe he start to get foul trouble and play hardcore aggressiv like the early season.
    Its not too late to arrive The Play inns but Udoka must find a good Working line up. This line up dont works!

Arda likes this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll put it this way, if his catch-and-shoot abilities don’t improve by next season (if he’s still here) I will completely be off the train. IMO if Jalen was a decent shooter a lot of Rockets fans would not have as many qualms about him as they do now. The problem is that he’s not and in fact he’s regressing in that aspect, and even I cannot deny what my eyes see. But while he’s on the team I will continue to have optimism because he IS a gifted kid—but most gifted people never end up reaching their potential.

don grahamleone and JayGoogle like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I wonder if they will entertain bringing this guy back in the summer.

DD

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

They probably shouldn’t, this man was almost single-handedly responsible for a lot of the Rockets’ culture woes, and isn’t a good enough player to justify any sort of headache

BigggReddd and don grahamleone like this.
  9. maypk

maypk Member

Left handed Jalen Green with anger management issues? No thanks.

BigggReddd and don grahamleone like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oh he is way better than Jalen Green....at everything basketball related.....and we know Stone and Tillman love him.....

I would not be shocked if they bring him back on a minimum non guaranteed deal....

DD

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

DD is a big KPJ fan no doubt about that but he is also desperate.

There is no other way to describe a franchise that is reliant on the idea of bringing back a bipolar, ultra violent guy......

The Rockets are not even that dumb to pile on problems on top of their own existing problems.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets are filled with bricklayers.

They even can't make wide open 3pt.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The departure of KPJ makes people know how worse Jalen is on basketball.

DaDakota and Downtown Sniper like this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

I've been saying this over and over and over again.

He does every single game, multiple times.

They're honestly getting into KPJ territory with Jalen Green - the longer they keep him the worse things are going to get - on and off the basketball court.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. SamsonCorletwo

Minimum salary is a panacea for every problem guy in the NBA
    I dont mind bring KPJ back with minimum salary

DaDakota likes this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

The only way I'll ever want KPJ back, is if it was guaranteed he and Jalen would get in a fist fight where they both break their own wrists and end their basketball careers.

How utterly pathetic my signature - from before a game was ever played this season - is coming to light. Absolutely pathetic how obvious it is to a nobody from Australia just how inept at basketball Jalen Green is. But these utter clowns in the front office are making millions of dollars being as clueless as they are.

17. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Just watched the game, tough tough shooting night for the Rockets.

Man its depressing being a Jalen fan.. he gets his **** swatted, stolen or fumble the ball so many times driving to the rim. ****ing hell..

Next season (if he dont get traded) is the last season im willing to be patient with Jalen and if he dont show improvements then idk about his future in this league tbh. He might flourish somewhere else but they prob need to run a system like Pacers and if he aint shooting well enough he might not even make it there..

18. pippsux

pippsux Member

You do know that’s not happening, right?

Why are you pushing to bring a player back to a team after the incident with his gf?
    I mean I don’t get why you don’t see that or don’t care. You out here with highlight packages like we don’t know who KPJ was. I get it, you are a fan and his gf, who called the cops on him, now is saying it was a lie, he never hit her, so you feel he is vindicated. Please stop.

he not even that good and had a domestic violence charge over his head, where he was accused of literally snapping his gf neck. She recanted and claim it never happened like that. But that’s who you want on the team?
    Read the room bro

#998 pippsux, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We need a time machine, Champ to check this.

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah we're done, time to shut down the vets should be coming soon.