1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 12/1/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL THEY ARE LEGIT NOW

before last year they were perrenial losers and chokers, first round fodder....even after they have won or reached the finals mayority attributed this to mere injury luck....
    this is a classic case of POST DEFACTO RATIONALIZATION

nobody saw that coming and jru holiday transforming into MJ midrange fadeaway god in game 4 or 5 of the finals

DaDakota likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

New Star on the Horizon.

[​IMG]

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what more can i say, these people have wives and kids and reputation to uphold....its only human silas distributed the minutes the way he did...this org is business, but its human face should be held in high regard at all times

Williamson likes this.
  4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I wouldnt have been surprised before the season but then again I thought Silas knew how to edit lineups a bit better than he has.

5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So if we played that way for a whole season, that's a playoff team. And people want us to deliberately tank? Are they stupid? Let's put this into context, if a team full of 19-25 years olds with almost no veteran presence is a playoff team in their first season playing together, you don't need to tank, you have the pieces and once they develop you're already ready to be a contender with a couple of trades...

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If we played to our absolute peak every game, then yes we would be a playoff team. That statement is also true for every team in the NBA. But no one plays to their absolute peak every game.

Plus, let's be honest. These 4 games were pretty easy. Hornets were on the end of a long road trip and OKC is just as bad as us. While it is great to see us win, I don't think it's reasonable to think this is something that this team can continue.

7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I agree, but how exactly is that justification for deliberately trying to lose games? It's not, there's no valid justification for that, all it does is teaches our players to lose and lose hard all the time. That's why the tankathon people need to **** right off. We're bad enough to lose without throwing games, we should be trying to win every single one despite that fact. We need to be as competitive as we can, all of the time and make that our culture. You can't develop properly if you're deliberately trying to lose, it's impossible. If we draft 1st or 8th or 30th I couldn't care less, we draft who we draft and that's just another kid we need to teach. It's more important to teach our youth to fight and fight hard night in and night out, all the tank fans don't get it, because they don't understand sports and think it's all about a lottery and that only championship teams count. It's bullshit. Harden never won us a title, if people can sit there and say that they didn't enjoy that run though and the team wasn't valid then they should just **** off and stop watching sports. It's not all or nothing, if you need a championship to enjoy sports, you're not a sports fan, you're a bandwagon b****.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m not sure how we managed to win 4 games in a row.

I had heard that tanking teaches losing habits that players will never be able to break.

palmsnbananas and hakeem94 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it can continue but I do not think it is a regular thing. (Outside shooting has to be above 35%)

Regular playoff teams are expected to make the Playoffs, if this team is getting close to the Play In, then it is overachieving with possible good contributions by Mathews, Brooks, Tate and others.

If the core stays healthy and we keep on getting those surprise effects.

Personally I still wish we could get someone like Jabari Smith though.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't think any player or coach is trying to deliberately lose games. At least not yet. Silas might run the offense through Theis for the last couple games if we're on the brink of losing a top 4 pick because that's what all bottom-feeders do, but I don't think anything like that has happened yet.

aaquaa likes this.
  11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm talking more about the idiots on this forum who want us to deliberately lose as much as possible, regardless of whether we could win some games just to take part in a lottery. Those people are not sports fans. In fact, anybody who thinks a team is invalid unless they get a championship isn't a sports fan. I'd rather watch a team like the post-Yao Adelman Rockets than a tanking team deliberately losing games, and it's not even a hard choice. People genuinely advocating for us to deliberately be a **** team are even worse than bandwagon fans who jump in when the going's good, bunch of loser ass b****es.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

verysimplejason likes this.
  13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

omg, any chances they could bang up this thread to 80 pages?!

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

basketball is so much more than championship or bust mentality crowd want us to believe

DeBeards likes this.
  15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

yeah, im rewatching highlights

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

throw in some controversial gifs and I think you'll get there no problem

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member