1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 11/8/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2018.

1. riko

riko Member

It’s sad watching Paul right now.

shvedsucks, BigMaloe, Slimfa and 3 others like this.
  2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

If we were okc the narrative would be that this team can turn the corner at any time. That they just need time and can beat the warriors if they face them in the playoffs. Wasn’t that what we heard from the media about okc all year long?

We do need to make some moves. Even if it’s not for jimmy. We need to dump some like MCW. Send Hartestein to the g league he isn’t ready at all. Just mistake after mistake on offense or defense. Clark on the other hand is good even if he misses a shot he helps in other ways.
    We need to trade chriss. Eric too even though I like him he isn’t cutting it and we know he goes to these same kind of slumps in the playoffs.

Green I like him and all but he isn’t helping this year. Bringing most of his attempts and off on defense. Capela only if we got something good in return. We over payed him and he isn’t producing what he was last year.
    Plus he still does evertithing he did last year and more. Like trying to block out of time, switching every opportunity he gets. Creating havoc for a defense because of the switches, either he gets burned or their center torches us inside. He hasn’t improve at all he just got worse.

So to recap let’s trade these guys for at least some decent players. We need players that can shoot at least or quick.
    Let’s trade
    MCW
    Chriss
    Eric
    Knight

Let’s bench
    Hartestein and green. At least green until we get other guys that can help our second unit. Our team line ups look so thin no scorers or shooters besides harden and tucker :0
    Even Chris Paul is shooting terrible in the paint and out in the perimeter. Once we have some decent line ups Greens job will be easier.

Let’s trade knight if we can or wait u til he comes back n see how he plays but if we can trade him for someone better or in a package we should.

Let’s wait on Melo and see if by moving these guys Melo fits better but if not let’s trade him or wave him before the trade deadline.

shvedsucks and BigShasta like this.
  3. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

He learned that from Capela.
    :D

shvedsucks likes this.
  4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Rockets 0-6 this season when the other team scores first.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, yea some people literally can only talk about Melo when Chris Paul...is well, I have never seen this. He refuses to shoot, its unbelievable.

6. SORF

SORF Member

Two things have stood out in all of our games...we foul, (or are called for fouls we may or may not commit), more than any other team and we are getting out rebounded too. We can't compete with excessive pts from fouls shots, or second chance pts from offensive rebounds by the other team.

HP3 likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah this loss is terrible, OKC with no talent out there, no playmakers, no one able to put the ball on the floor or create something good for others, no shooters...and we still managed to be steamrolled by them. I don't even know what to say, but the players have a lot to do with this imo, Chris was very bad, i have to think he's playing on an injury (or at least i hope so), James was decent but just cause he scored some points, i didn't like his game overall, even when he came back in the fourth he was playing with zero urgency, still walking around, 3 after 3...i don't know, aside for PJ and a couple of other guys that at least played with hustle, i saw a team with no energy or desire to win out there, which is even worse than having a team with zero talent -> just look at OKC...disheartening loss.

bro2044 likes this.
  8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Its so hard to watch this team. It's just some of the ugliest basketball I've ever seen. Morey needs to get some better pieces.

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Problem I think is our system, do we even have a system? No ball movements at all, dribble dribble jack up a three

CapelaOnlyFan and bro2044 like this.
  10. BackdoorHarden

Not if Les doesn't get his money from TIlman

Tilman borrowed $2 billions to buy the team and Les lend Tilman some of that $2 billion

macan likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

this season is killing me Shook

I thought from the jump we had no shot at beating GS with this current squad, but I still felt they could win 55-57 games and be very good

This bullsh*t we’ve been witnessing tho? I have no words.

I had some friends come into town. They don’t really watch basketball, but wanted to see a live game for the 1st time. We went to the Blazers game at home. After that pathetic showing, I understand if they never want to watch another basketball game ever again.

I’m not sure I will be attending another game this season until some changes are made. I can’t spend money on tickets, parking, and food/drinks to view this struggle ball.

basketball jesus ignoring all my Rockets prayers, and my title hopes have been tossed in the trash :(

jcf, shvedsucks, bro2044 and 4 others like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Ennis cannot even stay on the floor and Im pretty sure he is in our strongest lineup.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's hard to believe that less than 6 months ago we were in the NBA Finals, and now we have the worst FG% in the league. I was so excited for this season to begin, and boy did I get brought down quickly. I am so disappointed in our team, especially after tonight, that I have no words to express how I feel, other than just numb.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Time to have MCW steer the tank. If we aren’t modestly in the top 4 seed by game 25 we definitely need to focus our attention to Zion

mario_v likes this.
  15. mario_v

mario_v Member

Still think that pacers game was a good win?

16. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

I think the NBA has caught up to the 3 ball ruse. Rockets are done.

It was fun while it lasted

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

We've won every game we have won the rebounding battle.

Our offense is bad right now

18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. A bad loss does not invalidate a good win. The Pacers game showed that James Harden is still clutch and the Rockets still have parts of their former selves intact.

Having fun?

19. pocketrocket81

If you would have told me 6 weeks ago I would be more excited about the Texans then both the Rockets and Astros I would have been extremely worried.

vonwafer likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ennis is one of those guys playing hard, i just don't think he's that good as a starter in a team with bad defensive habits...he's obviously not a lockdown defender or someone able to kinda lead a defense like Trevor was, sometimes he's a bit out of control like Brewer, but eh...at least he plays hard.