1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 11/28/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 28, 2012.

1. booster rocket

Yohimbe nice post with those stats. However, i think the coaches tonite will hopefully finally appreciate what lin is try to accomplish out there as a playmaker. Even with few shot attempts, lin is finding open guys very effectively. Most impressive is he ability to find high percentage shots for teammates. This is what an elite PG is supposed to do. Plus, with ibaka shotblocking, the paint was off-limits to both lin and harden anyway. I will admit lin still looked timid shooting tonite.

2. Exel

Exel Member

Objectively like Lin wasn't getting double team or he missed multiple 3pt shots in this game? Come on...

3. instar

instar Member

i wouldn't say shutdown westbrook. he just didn't force much, no crazy out of control drives and shots. i thought he was ok.

4. nono

nono Member

Harden is 5 inches shorter than Durant. It was a bad decision to have him guard Durant.

5. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Patterson's is higher than Lins.

If the offense ran through Lin more... lets say his USG% was in the low twenties this team would be better and each player individually would be better.

And just ignore the USG%... the majority of the offense in the first half was Harden bringing the ball up the floor and they'd run their high PnR stuff or Lin would bring it up hand it off to Harden and run to a corner... that was it in the first half.. heck I even to my amazement saw Cook in the role of harden dribbling the ball at the top of the key and lin perched in a corner... Daequan Mother effing Cook... I almost fell off.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

You just know it was killing Parsons to watch that. Chandler knows he can shut down the best.

7. itachen

itachen Member

Happy about the game, just a couple observations....

Cook is not a very good fit at the moment. He's chugging up shots left and right with defenders in his face. Like his aggressiveness to the basket though.

This is probably the first time this season our big men played against 2 great front court defending duo in Ibaka and Perkins. Our big men, 2Pat especially, need to make those extra passes, otherwise will just be another block fest. Ibaka's help defense was dominating.

8. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Except they were also keying in on Lin. And in the 2nd half he made them pay with some great passes. He would easily have had 10+ assists but unfortunately Asik was tired and couldn't finish and then there was PPat's missed dunk.

9. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

U can't have a discussion with a troll. But honestly, u don't have to make somebody like Jeremy. If he thinks Jeremy sucks then so be it. Just like I don't think much of dragic it lowery. Btw awesome game by dragic tonight lol.

10. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Honestly.. I don't think it's going to happen with this coaching staff. They have their sets that they like to run and they're probably going to stick with them for the duration of the season. The sets are so stale also.

11. instar

instar Member

harden is the worst defender among our starting lineup. what was Kelvin thinking?

12. grunky

grunky Member

I want Lin creating plays... Make no doubt about that. I have a huge problem if PPat's usage is higher than Lin's. That makes no sense to me.

13. nickg

nickg Member

Yes, a lower shooting percentage because he has been relegated to being a spot up shooter for much of the time. I don't think anyone is saying that is a strength of his.

Also, on the list of usage % I see ( might not be current? ) toney Douglas is higher than Lin.

14. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Bunch of cannibals, the lot of ya!

Team loses to top 3 team in NBA on a b2b that included a trip to MN for funeral the same day, and yet I see all these posts about Lin this and Harden that. Lin's inconsistencies are a mix of offensive sets and lack of aggressiveness. Lin needs to be aggressive as a scorer when Harden is not playing well. Harden obviously had a poor game. I think part of his maturing process as THE guy will be knowing when he's trying to do too much, and dialing back and taking what defense gives him. For example, several of his wild drives could have been close jumpers, which with his touch means he makes them more often than not. Stop and pop! Calvin needs to get in his ear. Same with Lin. Use the whole freaking court.

15. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

For the game he was 3-7 = 0.429% compare to league average of 0.444%. Not great and not well below average.

Really question is if playing 41 minutes shouldn't you make more effort to be more involved in the offense.

People saying play control game, but I saw Lin pickup dribble too often. He continue to dribble to half court then then do simple hand-off and plant himself in corner. Seriously he should make effect call own number more. The few time able get in lane he scored or made pass for a assists or at least open look. I rather see him try initiate offense more often. If he get TO so be it, it's learning experience. Otherwise I feel limit his growth as player.

16. nickg

nickg Member

Pretty sure he's the lowest of any starting pg as.

17. grunky

grunky Member

Lin was not doubled teamed the while game... WTF are you watching? And yes I was incorrect saying multiple 3's, but one of his other FG attempts was right on the 3 point line. Hard to tell those things when watching a stream. Regardless, Lin absolutely bricked both of those opportunities.

18. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

If Asik could make point-blank layups Jeremy would get double digit assists almost every game srs.

19. daernoth

daernoth Member

I've watched every game. Harden can be a good playmaker... when he is a willing passer... but I will just state that in my opinion he is not better than Lin in that aspect of the game.

At least today, Harden's attack on the rim was totally ineffective. When he realized this wasn't his night he should have shifted strategy but he seems a little bullheaded.

20. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

lol. finally.

you people have been arguing with this kid all day lol