1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 11/28/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 28, 2012.

1. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

LOL... how did I make your point?

2. Exel

Exel Member

What else do you call it when you don't watch the game and make such ridiculous comments hoping something sticks?

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No on this team we don't have too many big star players and sad to say Jeremy Lin is not the threat he's being paid to be. No excuses for him when he sucks I'll say he sucks if he gets good I'll say he's good. Boy y'all waiting for this dude to have one great game so y'all can crown him but he has a long ways to go.

4. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

Lin creating some real chemistry with Patterson/Morris 2nd half and kept up 29/29 with OKC, and Lin did a good number on Westbrook today.

First game where Lin went past 41 minutes...Seems like he's getting back in shape. Now just needs more work on his Js.

Really missed Parson's production tonight.

Is that a career high for Patterson?

Harden tried too hard...

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

EXACTLY my sentiments!

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not here to bash anyone on the Rockets so I will not say anything bad about Lin. But I think you're severely undervaluing Harden. Dude had an off shooting night, sure, but he drove it to the rack and got to the line. The game Harden had today was still better than many of Lin's games this season.

They have both been too turnover prone this year to clearly say that one is a better playmaker than the other. They are averaging a similar number of assists as well.

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

How ironic

8. grunky

grunky Member

Uh, by your numbers Lin is 2nd on the team in Usage %... Which means what? .... That he has the ball in his hands!! I want Lin to have a high Usage % than what he currently has tbh.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This was a throw away game. 2nd game of a back to back after one hell of a journey and a highly emotional day while going up against the defending Western Conference Champs while playing without your 2nd best player on the team while on the road.

This game told us nothing.

10. grunky

grunky Member

No, you are wrong. At clutchfans if you criticize Jeremy Lin, you are a Troll. Sorry, I look at things objectively... and a .374 FG% is not getting it done.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The reason they were so successful at keying in on Harden is because they had no one else to worry about defensively. Patterson was the only guy who really took advantage of the lack of defensive attention the Thunder were giving him.

12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I think he meant the 114-69 score on Monday.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yep. This.

14. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Why do you guys continue to feed the troll? Just ignore him.

15. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

gonna tell us Lowry and Westbrooks are just average NBA point guards? because Lin embarrassed Lowry yesterday and pretty much shut Westbrooks down today.

16. grunky

grunky Member

your 2 cents sux.. stay in school... or go back... LOL

17. nadman89

nadman89 Member

cant expect ur best player to defend the durant and not be tired having to carry the offensive load honestly we were expected to lose this and we did and we didnt play particularly bad who cares if u were asked after 15 games would u be happy to have the same record as the lakers anyone wouldve said yes in a heartbeat! anyways lets rape the jazz i hope harpring chokes i hate them

18. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

If u saw sampsons post game interview yesterday it looked like he was really throwing this game away. I think they sacrificed this game for Mchale. It's all good.

19. Mysteryhunt

Mysteryhunt Member

of course Harden tried too hard - he's in his early 20's and playing against his best friends for bragging rights. I'd be worried if he didn't force it a little.

20. daernoth

daernoth Member

He wasn't a threat in the first half. He was way too passive and let Harden take all the playmaking duties... which didn't go well at all.

He was much more involved the second half and played very well. That is not to say he had a great game but he did show that when he takes charge he is a better playmaker than Harden hands down.

Harden played waaaay too selfish today and I'm kinda happy that blew up in his face actually. Maybe next time he will consider passing to the open man.

All that being said, I think the most important factor today was Parson's absence. He knows how to make it hard on Durant and makes a lot of smart plays that really make a difference.