1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 4/2/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2017.

1. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Yeah against the all nba team which is in full tank mode lol. Stupidity has no limits

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yup, very predictable post. Suns are truly awful. Rockets have a great supporting cast this season but they are easily a lottery team without Harden.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Deserves a 10 day contract right before we face GSW in the WCF so he can knock the **** out of scumbag Draymond Green

get er dun Murray

4. rocketsmetalspd

Harden should sit till next Monday's game against the Clippers but knowing him he will be back on Wednesday.

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

Because if you watched, you noticed Harrell's defender was wisely planted on the edge of the paint
    the whole time he was in the corner, paying little attention to him with good reason.
    I laughed out loud when I saw the ball dished to Harrell in the corner and he shot it.
    Clanged off the rim of course

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

a lot of over reaction to a team that is basically a college bball team. I wouldn't take a lot of what was seen last night that seriously

don grahamleone and vtjsr2 like this.
  7. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

that metta tweet is hilarious..he probably saw dekker getting hurt, and was trying to throw his name out there as a potential sign lol

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm in the Campbell that says rest harden till the final game of the year.

Rest Ryno till the last 2 games of the season, same with Ariza.

Those guy are NBA vets who have all played in the playoffs. They don't need multiple games to find there groove they no how to play and one two games should be all they need to get back on track.

If we really want to make a run at the WCF and possibly pull off the upset over the Warriors. We need harden playing like he did after allstar break before he hurt his wrist. That was some of the best ball he's played ever in his whole career here in houston.

Htownballer38 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Im sure harden thinks Ron Artest is scum also. Elbow to the head

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Went to the grizz forum to see their thoughts on Troys big game and found this....

off topic but whatever.

"Both Westbrook and Harden have done amazing things this year, but I still don't think harden is better than Conley.

The only thing harden does better than Conley is draw fouls.

The fact of the matter is that conley can't run with the grizzlies like harden can with the rockets, so if conley put up 19 a game, it would be way too many shots for our slow it down pace.

There is a lot Woking in hardens favor. Harden is gaming the system, which is fine, but in other eras he'd be an average player.
    "

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's homerism at it's finest.

Nothing wrong I guess, sticking by your guys side.

But I can't imagine to many grizz fans agree with that guy lol.

don grahamleone and DonKnock like this.
  12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They wasnt in full tank mode last night. Them youngster fought their butts off. So its not right throwing outlandish comments like that on a great effort on their part.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Im all for this as well but we have seen this team after 3 days of rest. They all come out very lethargic.

14. WestendMassive

Wiltjer really struggled with the pace of the game when he was out there. And at one stage Ulis got switched onto him and he pulled a real awkward dropstep and ended up travelling. Pretty sure he saw pine shortly after that, and deservedly so. Dude has a sweet stroke but other than that just doesn't look like an NBA player.

abaker28 likes this.
  15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Desperately needed that win, glad we were able to pull it out shorthanded. The Suns are so bad though, I'm not taking too much away from this one. I do hope Troy can keep up the good shooting though, that'd be huge.

Zergling likes this.
  16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Good thing last night was jazz lost and we won so magic number goes to 1 now for 3rd seed

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That does concern me but I think I'd be willing to have that game 1 in the playoffs be a work out the kinks type of game in order to have everyone fresh for the long haul.

At the end of the day if we're really that good squandering one game that we very well could still win, for the betterment of the team is okay with me. Harden and Ariza fresh is key as well as Ryno in a good rhythm from deep. That's what we need.

If we can regain that December form, watch out. This team will absolutely be playing in the WCF.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he does. We don't really need him playing with that sore wrist messing up his shots.

19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

You can sign 10 day contracts during the playoffs and they'll be playoff eligible? Or even right now and keep on signing multiple 10 day contracts into the post season?

... or are you kidding?

(I'm being serious, I don't know.)

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's simp
    There is no way they are easily a lottery team without Harden, because we would use his salary on someone else. If Harden and Westbrook switched teams, I wouldn't doubt that we would be just as good.