1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 3/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Perspective...

This...

This season is more fun, with a far brighter future, than I could have ever imagined. We'll win some we shouldn't, and lose some we shouldn't - like last night. Hang on and enjoy the ride!

D R

1 person likes this.
  2. SirKen

SirKen Member

Nope, sorry that won't fly. Morey's job is to get the best players he can and mchale's job is to get the best out of those players. When the players are there, the opponent is missing key pieces and we don't exploit it in our game plan, the loss is first and foremost on mchale.

Of course, that doesn't mean that players who performed badly get a free pass (lin included).

3. Albinoswordfish

How have you not been banned yet?

4. SirKen

SirKen Member

That wouldn't be a solution. With his maturity level, he would just create another account. Clutch should do something sneaky like hiding all his posts from everyone else on this forum, so that idiots here don't feed the troll. That way he might think that people are ignoring him, get bored and leave.

1 person likes this.
  5. JeremyLin7

JeremyLin7 Member

HELP me on Screen Captures

Anyone have those screen captures from last nights game?

Omer Asik staring into space during a timeout towards the end of the game.
    and also Jeremy Lin busted lip while Goran taking a look at him.

Thanks in advance!

6. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Dragic could not attack for three quartes because he was well guarded by Lin. Why wouln't a player want to score. That changed in the fourth quarter because the Sun's introduced a different play in the fourth quarter that included Dragic as the shooter. Dragic started the play by cutting from the basket to top of the free throw line. Haddadi created a pick and roll and Lin was picked off and Dragic went around Haddadi to the middle of the key and took a 10-12 jumper. Apparently this is one of Dragic's best shoots. This was done three times. Dragic got one coast to coast drive after a defensive rebound. The rest of his fourth quarter points were from the FT line.
    Why would the best shooter (Dragic) on a team not want to score points? Lin did a very credable job defending Dragic ,as he did with Lowey,and Curry.
    A coach has a lot of influence on who gets the ball. The Sun's coach was right to run this unexpected play, as it was not run during the previous three quarters.

7. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

This is correct. Rocket is really low at rotation defense. I have not see
    significant improvement during this season. This made the Suns attack
    easily when they found our weakness and effective response back.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Gonna have to just agree to disagree on that. Looks to me like Dragic just turned it up in the 4th and wasn't really looking to attack most of the game (29mins played) I thought Lin's D on Curry was great except the few times he ran into him. The main thing I was objecting to was this statement.

9. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

We were talking about Dragic's performance before the 4th Q, weren't we? Why are you trying to bring his 4th Q coast-to-coast play to the conversation? Is this always the way you argue? When you can't answer the question, you change the context to fit your narrative. :rolleyes:

Look, I know you have a thing against Lin fans, but at least try to argue using some facts and logic.

10. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Dragic was 2/7 FG 0 assist 2steal 1 TO in 1-3 Quarter.
    I would say that he was guarded really well in the 1st and 3rd quarter.
    In the 4th quarter, Lin should be responsible for 1 jump shot and 1 layup
    made by dragic only. Simply mismatch

11. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I didnt watch the game last night but the way I knew we lost was getting on clutchfans and seeing

Lin suck threads
    Fire The Coach Threads
    Our Defense sucks threads

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Who brought it up?

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Harden was on dragic for a long stretch in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

It's ridiculous for people to be so upset. This was never supposed to be the year we challenged for a championship. The Rockets are a rebuilding team that just traded away three of its rotation players, and a team that played a tough game the previous night. It's not even very important that they make the playoffs. The Rockets are a super young team that is learning how to win in the NBA. They learn things when they win games, and they learn things when they lose games.

Clutchfans don't seem to understand that our players make a lot of mistakes because they are very young and are still learning. Most rookie players join teams that have a lot of veterans on the roster that can help speed up the learning process. But the Rockets are just a bunch of young guys all trying to figure out things together.

People just need to chill and let these players grow up, and let Morey finish rebuilding the team.

#1754 Rip Van Rocket, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  15. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

dragic played 1min in the 2nd quarter.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Whatever. During the 2nd and 3rd harden was on dragic. Lin on marshall

1 person likes this.
  17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I agree with you man, this team still has a long time ago and if the core players stay intact this team has alot of greatness ahead for them.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dragic was only quiet pre-4Q becuase his teammates couldn't knock down shots. He had some pretty plays through probing and driving which aren't going on the stat sheet. The difference in his play in the 4th was his D.

On the whole Rocket team just took this game too lightly.

19. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Man, you lost your own track? Aren't you the one who mentioned that Dragic was not doing too much before 4th Q? When I asked then what was he doing before 4th Q? You replied "coasting" meaning he had a play coast-to-coast in the 4th Q. When I asked why you bring his 4Q performance into a conversation about his 'no-doing-too-much-before-4th Q'? Then you ask "who brought it up"? Aren't you the one who brought it up the whole time? :rolleyes:

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Does it really?