1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 3/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

LMAO Are you serious?! I definitely heard that out loud! :grin: What are you doing in Phoenix anyway?

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Not to mention the brand new Power Forward rotation the team is trying to familiarize themselves with. We need this 3-day break so badly. Plus the 7-game, 2-week homestand. The team will run smoother after this.

3. jeddah

jeddah Member

LOL...Raskol was having a time of his life...was laughing also..If I was new here and didn't knew him, I might think he was a hater...

Raskol please stop playing....;)

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Yes! I'm glad someone did. My girl was so embarrassed, but she doesn't understand the douchebaggery that is Joey Crawford.

Was it loud enough that Bull said anything about a bad fan haha?

Now living in PHX.

5. PatBeverleyFan

6. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

That's what I thought last week when we had a similar back to back with Dallas and we lost. It seems this team always forgets what they practice and lose anyway.

In fact what the heck are they practicing anyway lol its not like we have sets on either side of the floor.

I just don't want to see another game of bonehead TO's, stickyball and the invisible barrier that seems to keep up us from penetrating past the 3 point line.

7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You have a good girl there. Next time have her yell it out with you! If I hear it in another game I will put $10 in the tip jar. Really.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure I have faith and they could be 6th but I think they have to thank GSW and Utah that they are still in the race for that.

9. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Are there any reasons why our bigs are so bad at setting pick? Normally you would see the defender being blocked out completely, but in our case they seem to be fazed for 1 or 2 seconds and started running at the ball handler immediately like nothing just happened.

10. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Yeah there was a play where T-Rob set a lazy screen to a point where it was useless. He used his energy to run and set a lazy screen for no reason. I take that back. I wouldn't even call it a screen because it was that lazy lol.

11. raskol

Yes. Lin deserves a beat down after today. No more give the benefit of the doubt Mr. nice guy when it comes to Lin. His turnovers were terrible today and decision making were off the charts bad. No 5 mil a year or 8 mil a year starter should ever have such bad games like today. Dragic was a big contrast as I'm sure you saw. Doom on Lin if he has a bad game again. Ill be on him like white on rice (no offense intended) with my compadres Carolik and sports book. I'm gonna be a proud card carrying member of the LOH club if he loses the game for us again.

Having said that, I hope we win enough so that I don't have to bash one of the Rockets players. But, when it come to Lin, it's game on.
    Still, it's: Go Rockets!!

12. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Not enough practice. Lack of experienced big men. The bigs are worried about being taken out of the play and not getting the ball.

The way the offense is set up, the bigs don't set very many picks. Montiejunas is a shooter and Asik is the inside man. Harden, Lin, and sometimes Parsons are expected to beat their own man off the dribble. Nobody cuts to the basket.

13. cbk41

cbk41 Member

What are you accomplishing by your blatant sarcasm? It's pure hyperbole and the only people you are fooling are those that see your post in a vacuum, or those that are not native English speakers. All you are doing is trolling. Many trolls have been banned over the years here by the Clutch Crew.

Here's a board that is more suitable for posts in your recent style:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/conversation?gameId=400278652

Perhaps it's my fault for getting discouraged seeing posts like this. It IS the internet, afterall. But there are a lot of posters here that are not native English speakers and it's harder for them to grasp higher-level literary concepts such as sarcasm. Ever spoken to foreign students and they tend to be blunt and have trouble getting jokes? I'm the same way when I try to converse with others in their native tongue as well.

14. raskol

I'll tone it down. But I am serious, Lin deserves to hear it after a game like today. He was horrible and once again, we lost because of his poor play. And btw, sarcasm is not a higher-level literary concept that foreigners can't get. Nevertheless, I will tone it down. Obviously, I'm quite upset. Nearly ruins the weekend for me.

And all of this is not good for my blood pressure, that's for sure. What I do know is I love basketball and hope Rockets make a ruckus in the playoffs, not next year but this year.

15. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Hmmm so we lost to a bad team, Lin played badly and we only have 80-something pages on this thread? What the hell happened tonight?!

Sucks that we lost but I'd rather beat the Dubs and lose to the Suns then the other way around. But I do see the Dubs and Jazz both lost so no big deal. Man NO ONE seems to want that 6th seed. Either way I think we're better off than both the Dub's and Jazz. We got some big games coming up against them that I think will really help determine the final standings.

Same with the Lakers, I'm really not so worried about the Lakers, their recent hot streak has been over mostly bad teams. Both the Nuggets and Thunder beat them pretty easily recently. And the Spurs, Thunder and Clippers are not at all afraid of facing them in the playoffs. I hate the Lakers so my dream scenario is that we crush them in the last game of the season and keep them out of the playoffs.

16. raskol

On to the next one!! I hope we find our fast break game, night y'all!

17. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

decided to go out today instead of watching the game but stayed updated via my sports center app.

Tough loss. Harden from what i saw had a really good game. An apparently Lin and beverly didnt do so good. I didnt watch so i cant say much other than what i saw from stats sheets.

did anyone else have a pretty bad game other than lin? reading through the thread thats what im mainly seeing, some bevelry here and there also.

18. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Everyone had a bad game. We couldnt capitalize on their misses because we cant grab a damn rebound. Chandler also struggled badly.. Lin's bad game is just magnified because of hatbgoddamn war here in cf between fans and haters

19. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

That's a wacky Phoenix box score: five backups played more minutes than the five starters. Scola scores ZERO and Rockets still lose. Not sure what is worse: this kind of performance or losing to a Dallas team that starts Mike James... and losing to them in Dallas two nights after beating the crap out of them in Houston. Home court advantage must be a mighty thing.

20. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

First of all the "idiot" is totally unnecessary. Fans like you are what makes this site sometimes unbearable.

Second of all by close I mean 1-2 points. Not 6+, understand?