1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 3/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2013.

1. gaspar

gaspar Member

Y!: "O'Neal (personal) is unlikely to play until Monday at the earliest, the Arizona Republic reports.

O'Neal is away from the team to be with his teenage daughter, who is resting comfortably following a successful heart procedure."

2. jeddah

jeddah Member

Hoping and wishing that our Bench will carry us for the win tomorrow..Harden and Lin are clearly exhausted and needs to rest for a bit...

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Gorgi vs Lin. I hope they go at each aggressively wanting to show that their teams made the right decision!

4. Star

Star Member

I think AB should be the first sub for Lin at the end of 1st quarter..

5. manning

manning Member

[​IMG]
    Go Rockets!!

1 person likes this.
  6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Scola at center for the Suns? Points in the paint all day for Houston!

7. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Luis "The Ice Cream Man" Scola has added a new topping since he left the Rockets,....nuts. :)

[​IMG]

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

There has never been a more trap game in the history of the NBA. Back to back, against an underdog team at home, ex-Rockets players playing hard against their old team, etc.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bill Walton in the house!

10. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

With the Suns having no Oneal or Gortat...we better not lose this game or Im jumping off the bay bridge..lol

11. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Hope we win this one. Suns have been terrible but we cant be complacent because key players in their rotation are ex-rockets and they might play with an extra oomph. I hope we dont play down to the competition again. Lets go rockets!!!

12. fattz

fattz Member

SCOLA

Lin vs Dragic (Dragic won the first round - when Lin got cut)

I hope we have an answer for Morris and Morris

:grin:

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

we got to win this one

14. torocan

torocan Member

I have a weird feeling about this game...

Back to back, on the Road, after a tough win against a play off rival where our starters played big minutes, going against a team of Ex-Rockets trapped in the cellar with nothing to lose... one of whom we traded away not even 2 weeks ago.

"It's a trap!"

:eek:

15. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

McHale will counter the lack of Gortat and J.O. by playing small-ball, and Asik for less than 20 minutes.

He'll also play Brooks (poor defender) off the bench on Dragic, allowing Dragic to get 20pts on Brooks alone and better numbers than Lin, just to stick it to Morey for trading his favorite player away.

And Scola will get his 20-10 by ice-cream scooping around the athletic TRob and DMo (by the way, Scola is DMo's favorite player) and Mook will take Parsons/Delfino off the dribble and back him in the post to prove he's Carmelo Anthony, not Channing Frye.

And Dragic will struggle against Lin but get bailed by McHale playing AB on him. If all else fails, McHale will put Harden on him and make sure Harden turns his head on him and let Dragic 'Thabo Selfolosha' him.

And Rockets still win. Don't ask me how. I didn't write the Linsanity script.

16. nadman89

nadman89 Member

the suns dont have a center , gortat and jermaine oneal out , this should be a layup drill unless u consider haddadi a center lets win the next 4 all very winnable games

17. VanityHalfBlack

I bet McChale won't sit Lin in the 4th now that b*stard.

18. ada32

ada32 Member

I have the same weird feeling like Torocan!

There will be one shining quarter for Suns. Their players will play their hearts out. Wait, that is the preferred offense by McHale! Next, they will counter with their defense. Several of Suns will answer McHale with, "Yes, Coach!"

Will be an interesting game!

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Home for Harden is LA.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He played college ball at AZ. I think his family still lives there.