1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/4/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2016.

1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Only stat that matters is the "Team Stat"... in which the Rockets score more than the Suns and get a W. He can have 0 pts, 0assts, 5 TO's, but if they win - doesn't matter. They need to start stringing together multiple long winning streaks - 7,8,9+ at a time and preventing losing streaks altogether.

2. Drogba

Drogba Member

Spent the last hour watching Orlando Dwight highlights after that video was posted and now I suddenly feel depressed. :(

3. FTW Rockets FTW

Is it Booker time or perhaps Archie Goodwin time to light it up?

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Booker's been lighting it up lately. Looks like a prime candidate.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i hope they know who mirza is. he's been on and off my fantsy teams with his random 3pt streaks. he's off my teams so they have my permission to shut him down

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

True... that's just the first step. Everybody in the nba knows if Lawson doesn't step up we not getting further then where we were last year though. The conclusion of the whole matter is thid... championship or bust.

7. malakas

malakas Member

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Watson publicly declared Markieff the focal point of the offense going forward and Devin the #2, so there's that.

9. heypartner

heypartner Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets call in a reinforcement. Motiejunas back for D-League with Jones out, Capela questionable.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/695300134469500928">February 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. rocketsmetalspd

Need this W. Only one game back of the Mavs in the lost column.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

I'll take "Last thing you would expect to hear 50+ games into the season" for $500, Alex.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

How the hell is this reinforcement as D-Mo is D-league bound???!?!?!?

13. aelliott

aelliott Member

I'm not sure what's so amazing about the article. They conclude by saying :

"Ultimately, the goal is to score the most points on a per possession basis, not to hit benchmarks for the sake of doing so."

Ok fair enough, lets see:

The Spurs ppp is 1.1.

The Rockets ppp is 1.1.

So, how does this show that our system doesn't work?

They present their ideas but they never correlate them back to results.

The Spurs are shooting 39% from the 3pt line to our 35.4%, so how is our ppp equal? Well, one of the primary reasons is that the Spurs take so many more lower efficiency midrange shots that it evens things out.

The Spurs offense isn't good because of their midrange shots (as the article implies), they are good in spite of their midrange shots.

We haven't shot the ball very well all year and our efficiency is equal to the Spurs. That's because of our system. So, if a system can take a team that is shooting poorly and still allow them to perform at the same level as the Spurs, then isn't that proof that the system works?

It's rather strange to state your target metric (ppp) and then site one team as an example of "doing it right" and the other "doing it wrong" when they are equivalent in your target metric.

14. aelliott

aelliott Member

It's a typo. It's suppose to read "back FROM" rather than "back FOR". D-Mo is with the team in Phoenix.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Regardless, he's inactive per Feigen..

16. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

I got marcus thorton in a couple fanduel lineups tonight. Hopefuly jb gives him some minutes!

17. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Dwight better dominate ..

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You never made a mistake typing? He meant from.

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Lets get it!

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Hope we win, but watch Devin Booker go off for 40. That kid is going to be special. I was praying the Rockets would trade up for him in the draft. We really need pure shooters like this.