1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/16/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2006.

1. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

you guys do know the highlighs for the other guy is up..we can always download that and watch it again and again.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yao has zero points and zero rebounds at halftime. There's like no proof that he even played.

McGrady is just not right ... that quote before the game about not even wanting to play basketball some days because of all the problems? 4-13 shooting and 4 turnovers, ugh.

Keith Bogans scared the hell out of me on 4 separate passes... I don't think he's comfortable yet, or he's a terrible passer.

I just can't believe how lights out the Suns are shooting on their threes... yeah it's nice when Nash can find the open guy, but you still got to hit them. 10-17 at HALF ... wow.

3. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Don't just vent, be intelligent.
    Outside shots, long rebounds. And most of them are going in. Plus he's pulled away from the paint by suns strategy.

Oh, did I mention Suns are too quick for him?

Who has the most rebs? Jon Barry at4.

#343 michecon, Feb 16, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Man, Reggie Miller is trashing us. I expect that from Charles but Reggie Miller. :mad:

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yeah, our shots weren't falling and those guys were trying to make something happen, that's why they did that.

6. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

My solution: JJ Redick. :)

7. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

I hope thats not the case because tis not like Phoenix's style of play is a highly classified secret. I mean what good is scouting, preparation, previous game experience etc etc etc if you are caught off guard by something like this...bah!

8. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

Great.... lets wait how JVG blames the team "no passion", "no intensity" or "give up" after the game. Has this guy EVER adjusted to the game? He would ask the players collapse inside no matter it's shaq or deleac. He would let the opponent's perimeter shooters wide open no matter it's ray allen or ryan bowen. If it doesnt work? The players have no intensity or no heart.

9. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Perfect example of a fairweather fan, one game everybody is excited and talking about playoff contention, next game people are talking about firing the coach :rolleyes:...I gotta say, rockets fans are just as inconsistent as the team

10. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

He always rips the players, how about looking at his damn self for once.

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

IT'S OK WE'LL WIN THIS GAME AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. well we might not win this game. but we'll definitely push, push, push harder than a woman in labor.

12. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

sometimes, i think the rockets read clutchfans before games

13. syin1

syin1 Member

This game is exactly the extreme version of international basketball style VS traditional US basketball style. A good floor general makes everybody look good, just like the great Argitine manadona can turn on a crappy napolis soccer team champion of the Italian league.

14. Severe Rockets Fan

Uh, I just said the quick suns players make it hard for our guys to shoot unless Yao throws good passes to them, how much more intelligent do you need? Yao ISN"T being pulled away from the basket on defense...you know, where he should at least be getting some blocks? Or is that too unintelligent? :rolleyes:

15. swu

swu Contributing Member

Oh he'll say he doesn't do a good job of getting his players to play, then he probably doesn't mean it.

16. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Yao not pull away on defense? Kurt Tomas? Are you watching?

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Well at least Yao took that shot, that's what I want to see...

18. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Why JVG and the players do not see the only way to beat Suns?

There is only one way to beat Suns. Dribble penetration! Force them to foul and the tempo changed for ever. Nobody is doing it??? If I were JVG, I will tell every one to dribble penetrate and no shoot. No, not even when you are wide open. If you go to the line very often, Suns are going to lose that's all.
    I am sad nobody is penetrating and every one is shooting, ... from long range! Suicide!
    Fools!

19. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Not really, I get high on the rockets when they play well (i.e Clippers game)...but I have never liked JVG or his system. Not hating on the rockets at all.

20. Severe Rockets Fan

Uh, there's a reason why he's open on those jumpers, ya know?