1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 11/12/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

As far as I know, I havne't heard anything about him not playing, i was just saying they made it sound like on the radio like his knee being a problem was something, there is nothing on any websites that say he is out though, so i think he is playing.

2. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Lol, good ol' Tracy. Nothing suprising.....

It's actually good if he sits, not that i don't want to see him play, but if he sits and rests a couple of games, he might come back playing like never before and you guys won't trade him for Rudy Fernendez. :rolleyes:

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

he simply said, he has his good days and bad days with the knee, which is expected. but he also said he's "IN A FUNK." so obviously he knows he's sucking.

we'll see how he bounce back. i'm more interested in his movement on the court: still limping, can he penetrate...?

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Member

Last I heard on the radio was that McGrady was a game-time decision.

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

From looking at the rest of november, we could probably sit tmac out the even the rest of the month and let him completely recover, and still come out with a winning record, we have a tough stretch for the next 3-4 games...but after that it should mainly be teams we can handle even without tmac...should be able to get out of november with 12-6 record or so

6. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

92 - 84.. rockets lost again

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

That score would almost be a victory for the Rockets.

8. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

i like watching him play but he should just sitout for a while but the problem with that is when he comes back hes going to say he is rusty and people are going to make excuses for him saying give him more time and more time and more time im sick of seeing an injured lazy mcgrady, i mean hes my favorite player and all but its the same story every year it gets old quick. I wish him the best though i posted this in another thread and ill post here too to see what you guys think. tmac and maybe landry? for rudy gay, kyle lowry and darko. lowry is putting up the same numbers as rafer in less minutes and hes a great shooter to knock down open threes unlike alston,he attacks the basket better than alston and hes up there defensively as well and you can tell by looking at him that hes a lot stronger too give him rafers minutes and you will see a 13 6 6 guy.Rudy gay is a young tmac so you trade an old tmac for a young one.Darko is the big 7 foot shotblocker that we need and he has shooting touch i was thinking something like this

lowry/brooks
    gay/barry
    artest/battier
    darko/scola
    yao/landry

i expect a flame for this but anyone think positive of this trade?

9. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Com'on guys. I think we will manage a win out of Photown. That's what it is.

Have faith in our rockets. By the way, Did McGrady just say that he wouldn't play for tonight's game? or what? It's kinda good for him to rest his knee so that he could bounce back 100% to beat opponents down :D

10. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

the good thing is I don't think Tracy can play any worse than he did on Sunday. Look for him to break double digits... Lets just get career averages from everyone and we'll kick their asses. :eek:

11. DPballer

DPballer Member

Don't have a real good feeling about this. Even with Artest/Battier being our best defenders, they can't guard Amare. We'll see if Hayes can, but he seems a little on the short side.

I have a feeling T-Mac won't be playing today. If he does, at least there's no Marion to hound him.

12. i3artow i3aller

We win. Our big three collectively kick Phoenix into the sunset. Despite the win, 10 trade t-mac for nothing or next to nothing threads spring up. After the game Yao Ming will have his foot smashed by an angry Clutchfans member. He yells out that he cant jump off his foot anymore because his toe hurts right in the center. Ron overhears this, but mistakingly hears Yao screaming for him to jump off the Toyota Center. Ron, being Yao Ming's soldier, jumps on the next flight to Houston, thus abandoning the road trip. Tracy and Brooks decide to fly with him upon hearing that they were just shipped to the Spurs for Udoka and darius washington.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

Rox get back to their winning ways...

Rox: 105

Suns: 100

14. archinkent

archinkent Member

rockets should definitely start chuck hayes and have scola off the bench. i love scola but hes gonna get eaten alive by amare. also hope yao has a good game and destroy shaq down low. like lakers game, i dont think rockets will win, but pls dont get blown out.

15. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Member

Hopefully Scolandry can keep Amare honest by making him play some defense. But he might go for 40 tonight.

Still, I think the Rockets have a good chance if they can hold the rest of the Suns in check.

Shaq vs. Yao is usually a fun match-up, but O'Neal has looked good of late, and Yao, well we all know about that...hopefully the real Yao Ming shows up tonight.

Every one of the Rockets has to pound the boards tonight or else it's gonna get real ugly, real fast.

16. 3ston

3ston Member

Dont know about that, im sure adelman will be putting artest on amare and that is gonna be AWESOME!!!

17. XBLRocketman111

Mcgrady is so dramatic , it's not like he had microfracture surgery! He had some loose meniscus taken out not that big of a deal. There is no reason who should still be limping around talking about good days and bad days....

Of course the doctors say it takes 6 months to heal....that is very precautionary. Doesn't anyone remember when you break a leg or arm and 2 weeks later it feels fine? maybe a month? i recoverd from a acl reconstruction in 6 months! 6 M F months and i was running 3 miles again and playing football. He always wants a reason to be able to make an excuse.... and i'm sick of it

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Probably lose by 8 or 9 tonight.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

people heal differently. it's obvious he's not faking the limping. you can see it the entire game. if you fake it, you'll know if he fakes it. it's so obvious that he's still favoring that knee.

he's really struggling to get back from this injury and i think everyone's frustrated.

20. XBLRocketman111

I understand that but come on its going on the 7th month now! IMO i think if the rockets don't do as well as expected you can always point to that to be the excuse. It's not like this team isn't already labeled as fragile

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.