1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 5/3/2017 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2017.

1. macan

macan Member

they got some floppers for sure: floppy mills, flopnobody and flopsol

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Mills starting scares me more than Parker.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Gasol didn't play well, but he played long and rebounded like a beast. It helped them.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets bench should destroy Spurs bench with no Patty

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[Premium Post]

Everyone one of you would have taken a split if I told you that it would be 1-1 after 2 games. End of.

6. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I get the refs were swamp ass, but you have to expect your best player to put up a better performance, it seems like he's having more & more these terrible shooting games where he jacks up 11-12 3's and makes like 1-2. It's unfortunate but I'm starting to see a disturbing trend with Harden where he falls in love with the 3 pt line forcing terrible shots rather than taking more mid range or post ups. He needs to be better simply put, I dont know of superstar players other than maybe Westbrook that has a worse shot selection

francis 4 prez likes this.
  7. macan

macan Member

gentle reminder: plz try to avoid any media outlets tmr (for bs analysis)

francis 4 prez and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao Shaqs new favorite player is kawhi because he plays both ends of the floor and never complains. Like dude thanks for just now tuning in mr NBA analyst

francis 4 prez and Brown Lost It like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Really confused as to the confidence in this forum heading into this game especially considering:

a) We had a huge win in the first round, then played tight the remainder
    b) We have a penchant for playing incredibly stupid, low IQ basketball
    and c) The Spurs moreso than any other team besides the Warriors capitalise on mental errors.

Add to the fact you just had to know that it was never going to be a fair fight.

The only thing which saved my tv remote from being broken in two pieces - is the fact that the NBA is so blatantly obvious in meddling in games so I knew this result was inbound.

I felt we played fantastic overall in the first half except for 3 mental breakdowns defensively (ignoring not boxing out):
    - x2 weak/non-existent close outs to Kawhi who instantly nailed a 3 both times
    - a play towards the end of the half where an errant pass bounced through the key between 3 Rockets who only needed to bend down to pick it up, instead it found its way to Parker in the corner for yet another 3.

In the second half the players allowed the officials to take them out of the game and reverted back to the low IQ team we've seen often.

After game 1 I mentioned to my friend I think the league will want it to be 2-2 after our home stand, and from there on out let us play fairly. Today's hatchet job makes me believe that even more.

10. Lightsnowaction

This game sucked. I feel this will go to 7 games, but I am torn for who has the advantage, even without Parker.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the kind of officiating that makes me wonder if the league is rigged. I mean, come on, this is the playoffs, and an elbow to the face is never a common foul. You are right though, because if it was Leonard then a finger touch to his face might have become a flagrant, and if it was Nene then it might be a flagrant 2. It is games like this that I talked about before the playoffs, that I knew to expect in the playoffs. The calls Harden gets all year long were just not being called tonight, which is frustrating him I am sure.

Bryant2108, Remlap and francis 4 prez like this.
  12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

kawhi went 13/16, almost entirely on jumpers, and harden went 3-17, almost all of that while the game was competitive. really, i am not even sure how it was ever competitive with those almost diametrically opposed shooting lines. how has kawhi gotten to the point that he just doesn't miss? how does a born non-shooter just become one of the most dead-eye shooters among a league full of freakishly coordinated athletes? what kind of fluke of history is that?

ramotadab likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They tried, Pau barely got any fouls called on him and it likely took away our aggressiveness to continued to get foul and get nothing.

deb4rockets and macan like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

All i know is when someone grabs me and tosses me to the side, how da hell is it a foul on me? What i do???!?!?! fking refs, when i saw that sht, i just turned off the game.

Elbow the face, common foul = reggie miller loves that sht

But when nene touch a douche neck it's ejection.

15. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Yep getting a split puts us in a good spot.
    Hopefully we don't have any quarters go like the 4th tonight for the rest of the playoffs.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

It didnt show the whole play. Think man.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

By the way, Harden didn't get a single call in the paint tonight. He got sent to the line 2 times (6 FTs) thanks to two 3 point fouls. The fix was in.

18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

is their deadliest three point shooter

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

All i know is if we ever have brothers again, better hope we are leading by 50 or else he gonna screw us.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I'm definitely not happy with the outcome here. It was the Spurs offense that I was worried about the first game. Our defense wasn't as good. A defensive bright spot was James Harden post defense. I can't remember who said before that he actually is good at post defense, but he showed it tonight. James did not have the offense going tonight at all. He's the engine that drives this team, and when the engine isn't running at full speed, it's hard to get a lot out of the vehicle.

I was also happy that Anderson was hot. When the Rockets have this many shooters some of them will be going off and some will not have it every single night. It would have helped if Ariza was as hot tonight as Anderson was.

Hopefully Harden and Anderson are both okay physically for game 3.

francis 4 prez and ak99999 like this.