1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 5/1/2017 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

2. tmac1ming11

tmac1ming11 Member

Just bought tickets to the game tonight! Everyone's allowed to where spurs shirts today at work, but I made sure to rep with my Rockets Polo. Still in dress code!

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

slothy420 likes this.
  4. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Lowe picked us in 6, but that Ref lineup tonight means we have a better shot at game 2 than game 1. If we pull it out tonight, series looks juicy.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

main thing that worries me is execution in the 4th and avoiding stupid decisions/mental mistakes

if we could shoot at least 35% from 3 on a high volume of attempts then that would be nice too

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Get kiwi in foul trouble

7. the shark

the shark Member

There's quite a few things that have to happen for the Rockets to win this series none more so than Harden taking care of the ball and NOT getting sloppy and turning it over with stupid/lazy passes (especially at crunch time). It's been a problem all season and if it continues against the Spurs they're going home.

The Rockets athleticism is an advantage against the Spurs, but if they want to move on to the next rd they can't make mental mistakes at crucial times and expect to close these guys out (again especially Harden).

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

They're probably going to stick Danny Green on Harden for the first 3 quarters so Kawhi doesn't get hit with foul trouble early.

rocketman84 likes this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lets get in there and shock the world

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but Mauer's crew usually calls fouls when Harden draws contact near the rim. But they also don't call anything on the untouchable Kawhi. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pete Chilcutt likes this.
  11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Only reason I am not too upset is I think they called a ton of fouls against the thunder game 1 with this ref crew or game 2 can't remember

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

gutsy call/prediction by lowe, he's likely in the minority.

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Ariza, Gordon, Capela, Anderson need to have awareness late in games as well. Don't do try to do too much. That Westbrook strip on Ariza towards the end under OKCs basket in game 5 was just one of many dumb plays. That can't happen. Taking care of the ball is a bigger task than we give it credit.

I mentioned before, if the Rockets lose this series, it will be because they can't get out of their own way...shoot themselves in the foot.

waytookrzy079 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

please let our shooters show up tonight

15. HookemHorns1250

That's my issue when hearing "Leonard guards the best player on the opposing team every game!"

Funny... because of the games this season, Greene or another guarded Harden until the fourth. In fact, they allowed Aldridge and Gasoline to guard him on switches for quite a 'bit of the game.

Leonard guarding Harden in the 4th and on certain switches does not = the whole game.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Rockets would have won the season series against the Spurs if they executed better late in the games, right? Drives me crazy when I see them do dumb stuff late...

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I expect us to win at least one of the two games in SA ...no blowouts.(unless we're doing the blowing out) We match up well ...

It's held at 5 1/2 until now. No continuation/follow through on the initial bump...

It all comes down to if the Beard's ankle is good. I think it is. We might see a jump to 6 or so, followed by contraction.

The Rockets have a good chance of winning game 1....

Our match ups with SA have been colored by CC's injury/the teams recovery from that.....close, with the Spurs closing out at the end.

James exploits the big mismatch as always against these guys...and CC has a much better series.

We're freed up to play our game here.

Rockets and the points.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I expect Lou Williams and Eric Gordon to be the difference here. One of those guys will go off every game and it will be enough.

19. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Can't wait for tonight! I'll be in section 128 wearing my clutch city harden jersey. Hope to see some of you guys there and hope we come out hot!

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  20. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Malloy loves Harden lmao